Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: SolarForce L2P Kit! - 18650 Host With Massive Heatsink...

Again... hmpfff..

smd.pdf"]http://www.roithner-laser.com/datasheets/led_single/smd/uvled-365-330-smd.pdf
[/URL]

jayrob

I suppose where there is a will, there is a way...

Some experimentation may be needed. But the main thing, is whether the diode is case positive, or case negative for mounting.

Why do you want UV? I'll bet your 445 will burn as good as that diode would. Or even better. (guessing)

Diamond and mineral fluorescence baby!!! I want the LED light to be invisible so I can see the glow in the dark- however faint.

Yep, I was thinking the same... case polarity?

I have a 50 led bulb UV array flashlight already. The problem is they are too visible... not below 380nm and they are not very powerful.

This 330mW Roithner is a LED but invisible (365nm) and very powerful. They actually make a larger 1 watt LED, but 448.00 !!!

zin999

Exelent kit. Got mine and it went together almost effortlessly. Thank you very much!

jayrob

Glad you like it...

You got the custom 'Bezel Focus' correct?

Show some pics! :D

Stix62

I got my kit today (with custom focus bezel thingy - very nice :D)

I had a S06 12X 405 from DTR to throw in it but I'm saving that now for something else I'm expecting to arrive in the next day or two - so I've just ordered another one and should be able to fire this baby up in about 5 days, if DTR's rapid postage performs as normal.:D

I did however perform a trial build with part of an Aixiz module and a lens. I can see it's going to be a bit fiddly getting the module set in the heatsink just right so the custom adapter looks perfect - that should be fun :D

Cheers Jay :beer:

jayrob

I got my kit today (with custom focus bezel thingy - very nice :D)

I had a S06 12X 405 from DTR to throw in it but I'm saving that now for something else I'm expecting to arrive in the next day or two - so I've just ordered another one and should be able to fire this baby up in about 5 days, if DTR's rapid postage performs as normal.:D

I did however perform a trial build with part of an Aixiz module and a lens. I can see it's going to be a bit fiddly getting the module set in the heatsink just right so the custom adapter looks perfect - that should be fun :D

Cheers Jay :beer:

It's actually very easy with the SolarForce build...

Just start with your module flush with your heatsink face. Then when you adjust your lens to the focus that you like, you simply take note of the gap between the EzFocus and the head of the host.

Then you will know how much to adjust your module position.

This is easy to do. Because the SolarForce heatsink is a one piece unit that contains the driver and everything. So it's not like your taking apart the 'build'...

Stix62

It's actually very easy with the SolarForce build...

Just start with your module flush with your heatsink face. Then when you adjust your lens to the focus that you like, you simply take note of the gap between the EzFocus and the head of the host.

Then you will know how much to adjust your module position.

This is easy to do. Because the SolarForce heatsink is a one piece unit that contains the driver and everything. So it's not like your taking apart the 'build'...

Yeah, I know its easy, I'm just a bit anal sometimes and will fiddle until its absolutely perfect...lol

Btw, I've just had to press the battery board thingy back into the heatsink, it had come out. That is how it goes in isn't it - just pressed? It seems to sit in Ok now, i'm just a bit worried it might come out again - though I don't suppose it could anyway if a battery was in there :D

Last edited:

jayrob

Yes it's a press fit...

The small wire 'pinched', is the path to the host. (ground)

L2P%2010.jpg

Last edited:

Jer

I got my kit last week. It shipped fast, was packaged carefully, and the quality is great. :thanks:

Jay,

Any idea yet if you can do all of this with the L2T host?

Solar Force L2T Flashlight Host for 18650 - L2 Host Black Finish

It's 4mm shorter than the L2P, comes with a forward clicky instead of the reverse clicky on the L2P, doesn't have a silly "attack" bezel, has a sexy ultra matte finish, and costs a few $ less. It accepts the same drop-in modules as the L2P, so your heat sink may already be good to go. But can the L2T bezel also be made into a one-piece focus ring...

If you're up for experimenting, I'll offer to order one (for a start) to you directly.