Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: SolarForce L2P Kit! - 18650 Host With Massive Heatsink...

I've ordered several of the natural finish ones, and they have all been like the one I sent you...

I think that maybe their picture is not accurate. Or maybe the lighting is off or something...

Hi, I think I will write them and ask about it. I would like to be able to get one like in the pic. The one I have looks like it is anodized gray.

I will let you know what they say.

John

Hi,

Lighthound wrote me back, here is a paste of the email. they offered a replacement or refund which is pretty good service considering i I had explained, it came from them however I bought it from someone else.

PASTE START/
Subject: Re: Solar Force L2 Flashlight Host for 18650 - L2 Host HA III Natural Finish

Sorry, the color varies from run to run, the color that you received is the only color that we have available right now. The picture is from the manufacturer.

We will be happy to give you a full refund or exchange if you want to return it. Let us know if you want to do this and we will issue an RMA number.

Regards,

Lighthound, Inc. Sales
PASTE END/

John

jayrob

That's good of them!

In case you want to take them up on their offer, the host itself is not modified in any way, except that the edge gets sanded to bare metal. The edge that the heatsink makes contact to:
L2P%204.jpg

And this does not cause the host to be unusable for any of the drop in modules that it was originally designed for.

The only parts it came with, are the glass lens and the silicone seal. Which were both included in the package I sent. (I always include the extra parts)

It did not come with a pill, driver, or anything except those two items...

Last edited:
Jay,

Yes, I love thae design, and I am really happy with it, I actually like the color, it's different, anyway I like it. If anything I may buy another one for use as a flashlight.

thanks,

John

Can you also sell the driver heatsink you have pictured? I want to use this host again to do a 12x blu-ray setup, and I see the manual for the V5 says to heatsink the driver for 500ma+ current...

jayrob

Sure I'll include that for $4 bucks if you want. Just send me a PM...

The driver would be heatsinked much better if you use some thermal adhesive and mount it to the inside wall of the driver cavity in the main sink like DTR does in a lot of his custom builds.

But then it will obviously be more of a permanent set up, and non accessible for adjustment...

Last edited:
Jayrob..

Just wanted to thank you so much for my kit.. It was indeed worth the wait. Here are some photos of this special edition host in action.

photo0013t.jpg

photo0012y.jpg

photo0034g.jpg

photo0033c.jpg

Last edited:

jayrob

Sweet beam shots!

Hey do you have a V5 FlexDrive in there, or a Micro Boost? I don't remember exactly what you ordered. (I get a lot of messages is why I don't remember off the top of my head)

The reason I ask, is most of the time, the UltraFire batteries don't handle the current draw well. And I always recommend AW's.

It's not the capacity, but it's the ability to handle high current draw...

Sweet beam shots!

Hey do you have a V5 FlexDrive in there, or a Micro Boost? I don't remember exactly what you ordered. (I get a lot of messages is why I don't remember off the top of my head)

The reason I ask, is most of the time, the UltraFire batteries don't handle the current draw well. And I always recommend AW's.

It's not the capacity, but it's the ability to handle high current draw...

I believe I choose..

Micro Boost 'Hot' option set at 1 Amp.

I will order some AW's and report back if I see any differences. I just received 10 Ultrafires 3000 mAh from china (less then $3.00 each) so I'm evaluating them now.

Both the G-1 Lens and the AixiZ 445 lens start to burn plastic at @ 2-3 feet almost instantaneously. The Aixiz lens has a rounder shape however.

Great Kit!
WF

jayrob

Man that's a good price on those batteries...

Well, if it's running that laser for a minute or two, then for sure those batteries are just fine...

Thanks for getting back with that information! :)

Last edited:

jayrob

drevil, I sent your SolarForce 'Hot' option kit and other items today. (Tuesday)

Thanks for your patience, hope you like the kit!

jayrob

Your welcome!

carnut, I'm shipping your SolarForce 'Hot' option kit with AixiZ 445 glass lens today. (Wednesday)

Hope your build goes well!

Jay,

Hi, Like I said, I still like it, just it wasn't the color I expected and I don't think you are at fault at all. I will attach a pic of the one I received. (I expected it to look more like the finish of the camera lens in the pic)

here is the one I wanted (Maybe they sent you the wrong one? Let me know if you think that is what happened.
Solar Force L2 Flashlight Host for 18650 - L2 Host HA III Natural Finish

It is no big deal in any case, I can always get another one and swap them around if I want because of the modular head. I was thinking about getting one as a flashlight anyway.

thanks again Jay!

John

I have the gun metal one and I love the look of it

is that Charmin quilted you have behind your laser? - I love that stuff and now I can see it works as a great contrast for taking pictures and has a cool pattern on it - not like stupid white paper, lol

jayrob

DIY, I sent your SolarForce Gun Metal 'Hot' option kit with AixiZ 445 glass lens today. (Friday)

Hope you like the kit!

jayrob

aknovaman, I sent your SolarForce Gun metal 'Hot' option kit and AixiZ 445 lens today. (Monday)

Hope you like it!