Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: SolarForce L2P Kit! - 18650 Host With Massive Heatsink...

Encap

Yes to your question...

This kit is one of my most popular along with my Mag kits.

I'm not on the forum posting a lot these days, but still respond to my threads and PM's. :beer:

Excellent---post more often--don't be such a stranger.

A lot of people ask questions about making several different types of pointers that your kits would be perfect answers to and many times they don't get mentioned.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Excellent---post more often--don't be such a stranger.

A lot of people ask questions about making several different types of pointers that your kits would be perfect answers to and many times they don't get mentioned.

I agree, stop in more often, we miss seeing your tutorial build threads and your expertise here! :)

I still like sending members to your "build kits" thread, there is still a lot of good relevent stuff there.

Last edited:

jayrob

I agree, stop in more often, we miss seeing your tutorial build threads and your expertise here! :)

I still like sending members to your "build kits" thread, there is still a lot of good relevent stuff there.

Tried to +rep you guys but the system won't let me. Guess I need to rep more often in order to be able to...

Encap

Tried to +rep you guys but the system won't let me. Guess I need to rep more often in order to be able to...

No worries --you get to it when you do.

The important thing is that you are posting and counted amongst the living.

Several new members have asked about small lasers and keychain type.

Do you still have available any pof the mini-laser kits like for instance your TI mini here: https://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-tiny-titanium-key-chain-kit-red-48899.html
and the other "mini' and "tiny" builds--all of them better that anything that can be bought on the market pre-made as shown here: https://laserpointerforums.com/f39/jayrob-build-kits-lenses-other-stuff-listed-here-44227.html

jayrob

No worries --you get to it when you do.

The important thing is that you are posting and counted amongst the living.

Several new members have asked about small lasers and keychain type.

Do you still have available any pof the mini-laser kits like for instance your TI mini here: https://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-tiny-titanium-key-chain-kit-red-48899.html
and the other "mini' and "tiny" builds--all of them better that anything that can be bought on the market pre-made as shown here: https://laserpointerforums.com/f39/jayrob-build-kits-lenses-other-stuff-listed-here-44227.html

Most of the kits haven't been asked for in years. Just my SolarForce and the Mag kits. (and my flashlight mods - I mostly build flashlights these days)

I can still make stuff, but since I'm back working full time, it's always a wait for orders, and if they are hosts not readily available, it can take time to get the host. (if still even available)

Thing about small kits, the smaller the build, the more difficult. (IMO)

Last edited:
Hi Jayrob,

1) can your L2P heatsink be bored larger than the usual 12mm to fit DTR's 20mm module? If so, would it be DTR's shorter module or longer one with driver shelf in back?
2) what is the max current driver that can fit into your heatsink these days?

thank you.

Last edited:

jayrob

Hi Jayrob,

1) can your L2P heatsink be bored larger than the usual 12mm to fit DTR's 20mm module? If so, would it be DTR's shorter module or longer one with driver shelf in back?
2) what is the max current driver that can fit into your heatsink these days?

thank you.

I fit one of his 20mm modules into my personal one but I had to do some custom modification to the back of his module.

Possibly if he has shorter ones??

I recommend the 12mm modules for the SolarForce build...

Hi Cncyana,
Yes Jayrob is correct a 12mm module is fine in the Solarforce light. I machined them for a 12mm module with an AL sink or a AL sink with a copper core pressed in or a full copper sink. Either way it also determines what diode of power is going in it. Here is a pic of one with a copper core pressed in,

Rich:)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_507.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_507.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3386.JPG
    IMG_3386.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3387.JPG
    IMG_3387.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 17
  • fullsizeoutput_508.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_508.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3389.JPG
    IMG_3389.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 17
ok, thank you gents for your info - much appreciated.

Really nice pics of your mod!

Last edited: