Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Sharps "505nm" diodes from various batches. (All wl measured)

Hi,

I am selling the following "505nm" diodes from sharp:

SB217HL91 : 505.0nm (sold to Zom-B) and 504.0nm (sold to 317718)

SB217HN91 : 505.0nm (sold to 317718) and 506.0nm (bought privately )

these four diodes are from the newest batch

SB1573N91 : 503.5nm (sold to Alaskan)

I am asking 50$ for each of them + shipping.

I also have two SB147EC91 (the one that DTR is selling on his page), they are not measured yet and their price without shipping is 35$ .

I would prefer if people living in the same country would cooperate with each other in this buy to reduce the individual shipping costs, but if also ship single diodes.

The price for sending a padded envelope to the US is 3,70€. If you need tracking it would be 2,50€ more. I accept paypal or can create an offer on ebay (additional fees have to paid by the buyer).

PS: I also have 10 Osram 450nm PLT5 450B Diodes. They are all wl tested and are around 449nm and 454nm (at the recommended drivering current and an active temperature stabilization.) The price is 15$ each.

Singlemode

Last edited:

Zom-B

Do you know the recommended drive current?

I'll take a 505nm if that's the wavelength at the recommended current (which one doesn't matter)

btw wasn't the SB217HL91 supposed to be more like 502nm? Are these just the high tail of the bell curve and you kept the remaining three to yourself?

I'm in Holland in case people want a local group-buy

Last edited:

I'll take a 505nm if that's the wavelength at the recommended current (which one doesn't matter)

btw wasn't the SB217HL91 supposed to be more like 502nm? Are these just the high tail of the bell curve and you kept the remaining three to yourself?

Treshold is ~120mA, but DTR sells his C91's at 275mA.

Hi,

Apparently the SB217HL91 has a wide spread. I ordered 5 of them but got just 3 SB217HL91 diodes and 2 SB217HN91. The seller seems to have them mixed together. Since I allready have some 505nm diodes, I am selling 4 of the 5 I bought.

The the last SB217HL91 happened to be a 501.0nm diode :drool: that I will keep for myself.

These diodes are a new batch and seems to be more efficient than the previous ones. Here is a part of the specsheet:

They reduced the threshold so the diode should run at a higher max power as the earlier ones.

Which 505.0nm do you want to buy ?

Singlemode

Last edited:
Hi,
What diodes are case Neg or Case Pos ?? The first ones that came on to the scene were case neg. Personally i prefer case Neg diodes .I don't like putting in my batteries backwards.

Rich

Zom-B

Someone should really update the laser wiki because there's so much information that keeps being re-asked.

They reduced the threshold so the diode should run at a higher max power as the earlier ones.

You mean the HL vs HN? And how is lower threshold = higher max? Only because the rest of the specs is the same and there's less thermal loss?

Which 505.0nm do you want to buy ?
If all things are equal, I'll take the new batch, just because... new batch.

Someone should really update the laser wiki because there's so much information that keeps being re-asked.

You mean the HL vs HN? And how is lower threshold = higher max? Only because the rest of the specs is the same and there's less thermal loss?

The spec sheet for the first version stated a threshold of about 70mA and the new batch (HL and HN) has a threshold of about 30mA and that was also reproducible in the my lab.

It means that the diode creates 0.04A*7V or 0.28W less of thermal energy.
This means that the thermal management was increased or just the front facet reflectivity. TO answer this one should make some measurements with the two types.

At least you get 40mA or 20mW more power under the same current. If you can overdrive them even more is another answer.

If all things are equal, I'll take the new batch, just because... new batch.

Both 505nm are from the new batch but slightly different runs. So you have decide which 505nm you would like. Contact me via pm for the details.

Singlemode

Zom-B

Received the SB217HL91 : 505.0nm . After some electronics yoga it's looking good.
OxtfCqa.jpg

That mess at the diode pins looks better in 3D. Pins are fully intact because I don't mutilate diodes.

Last edited:
Received the SB217HL91 : 505.0nm . After some electronics yoga it's looking good.
OxtfCqa.jpg

That mess at the diode pins looks better in 3D. Pins are fully intact because I don't mutilate diodes.

Nice to see that the diode arrived fast and is already operating!

Singlemode

Zom-B

How and at what current did you measure the wavelength? I'm measuring 509nm at 108mA with no lens. :cryyy:

Edit: I did a reference test with a DPSS 532 (those don't drift much, right?) at 30°C it measures 533.85nm. The calibration sheet of the spectrometer is from 2014 and all wavelengths from 200 to 1100nm are/were within 0.2nm. For one, we should probably recalibrate, but that doesn't explain the 505→509 discrepacy where just a bit higher there's half the error: 532→534.

Edit2: It looks greener than my 505nm LEDs. My LEDs measure 505.0nm peak, with the median of it's power distribution a tad higher in wavelength.

Last edited: