Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: ***Selectable test load up to 3A (assembled or DIY kit)*** IN STOCK!

Rifter

mine arrived last week, put it together and tested it today, it works perfect, thanks man.

I received the kit today, and the quality of the board is awesome. The way the package was put together, shows that you put a lot of time and... effort into these.

Many thanks,

Ray

Hey guys I have test loads back in stock! However, due to a shortage of the usual diodes I use from the distributor I'll be using ON Semi 1N5404 diodes until they get them back in stock. They have about the same voltage drop and these were the same diodes I originally used when I first started selling the test loads back in 2011! How time flys! :beer:

Nute

Please forgive my ignorance, but can someone help me to understand what the 2-9 jumpers are used for? An example please.

That is the number of diodes in series.

For instance, you have a red diode that
drops 2.5V and want to run it at 1A. The
resistor drops 1V @ 1A, so to get 2.5V, you
need 2 diodes since each one drops 0.7V.
(0.7 + 0.7 + 1 = 2.4) You basically take
the voltage drop of your diode, subtract
the current in amps, divide by 0.7, round
up or down, and that is your number.

Test load arrived today, even with my amateur soldering skills it looks beautiful and neat on the PCB :D works just as expected too, thanks man :)

Pman

I own one already but it would be fun to slap one together and I was originally waiting for them to come back in stock again so I'll take a kit:)

By the way, is there a list on here of all the diodes voltage drops?

Last edited:
PM's replied! Hmm, I'm not sure if there is list of all the diode voltage drops on this thread.