Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Sanwu Laser store - RGB handheld lasers, 405nm,445nm,465nm,470nm,505nm,515nm,520nm,525nm,635nm,650nm

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

:drool: Awesome host and photos, I thought of getting one, built the diode into a C6 instead.

The price for the 488nm guardian was $130 for 1 or 2 days, and then was upped to $180 before the price was supposed to increase. Did you end up paying the $130?

I payed $150 all together including the shipping, so yeah $130. :)

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

They raised the price to $180? No thanks. I built one that is 135 mW and cost me very little to build. It is very stable at just a fraction of a nm below 488nm.

Gazen

I payed $150 all together including the shipping, so yeah $130. :)

In my opinion, $130 isn't a bad deal for such a high quality host. Enjoy it!

Btw, just in case you didn't know, podo offers a 8% discount to lpf members if you use this code: LPFOFF08 Just in case you decide to order again :)

Last edited:

In my opinion, that's not a bad deal for such a high quality host. Enjoy it!

Btw, just in case you didn't know, podo offers a 8% discount to lpf members if you use this code: LPFOFF08 Just in case you decide to order again :)

Yeah its a beautiful host indeed, very heavy for its size and the 488nm color suits it well, mine is stainless steel, I measured it and got 54mW.

Thank you for the code. :)

Last edited:

I wait my three X3-BE to order some more : What new about them ?
(I think there is my pocket 490 and misc lens on the way)

I see you got the diode I sent to you, Serveuperso. You should post a review thread once you have it in a build.

Yes of course, I just finished the assembly, like all my collection (SL hosts)

Your diode is slightly bluish and that makes all the difference to the eye s a better color for me:D

And your diode have a way better pattern quality (less diffraction) versus two other I tested from DTR because I think you selected a best one for me or I was a bit unlucky with the 2 diodes from DTR (I received a 3rd from DTR I not tested yet).

There is no color difference on my picture because the sensor can't catch this.. Moreover this beautiful cyan with infinite saturation is impossible to reproduce with a screen

There is no power difference all are measured at 125mW with 1 or 2 mW of repeatability with LaserBee A10 RTA !

The two diode I received from DTR look like this without lens :
attachment.php

Your diode, on black surface, exactly the same condition (left to right reversed) :
attachment.php

I get the smooth and centered pattern I like for a diode !

Thanks Paul !!

Attachments

• 20180406_084645.jpg
    20180406_084645.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 20180422_212227.jpg
    20180422_212227.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 140

Looks good. I had no idea you had bought other diodes from the 490nm Sharp release. I did send you a particularly good one as I thought it would be your one and only 488nm build. I personally love this color of blue. :D

Looks good. I had no idea you had bought other diodes from the 490nm Sharp release. I did send you a particularly good one as I thought it would be your one and only 488nm build. I personally love this color of blue. :D

This is the only Sharp 490 on my collection. I removed one to put your.

Good to know. Thanks, Serveuperso. + Rep.

Razako

Just bought a 505nm guardian to add to my wavelength collection. Would there be any point in getting one of the 488nm guardians if I already have a 495nm guardian? I assume the colors would be almost indistinguishable to the eye.

Just bought a 505nm guardian to add to my wavelength collection. Would there be any point in getting one of the 488nm guardians if I already have a 495nm guardian? I assume the colors would be almost indistinguishable to the eye.

You would be very wrong on this one. I have both and they don't even need to be on together to tell them apart. The 488nm is a sky blue color while the 495nm, or in my case the 493nm, is green/blue. Right on the edge between those two colors. I can tell which is which by sight alone.

jnrpop

Last edited:

I received the beam expander from JETLASERS but it's bad for two reason :
- It's for very small beam diameter
- The lens I received is bad (look picture)

badLens.jpg

I look forward to receiving the X3-BE but I still have no news. no news from the pocket 490 also

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Sorry to see that you received a bad B.E.; send Len (Hakzaw) a PM, he can probably help you out!

Edit: I just realized that you are not in the US, Len may still be able to help though.

Last edited:

Sorry to see that you received a bad B.E.; send Len (Hakzaw) a PM, he can probably help you out!

Edit: I just realized that you are not in the US, Len may still be able to help though.

Gray from JL just answered me by email. I think there is good service on this shop.
This B.E is for DPSS laser I tested and the out lens contain all the beam. Even a G2 lens is too large for this B.E

Pascal