Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Pocket Mini Build Kit! - Easy Assembly!

juyyan

I was just wondering if this laser pointer will be able to burn a match? And if it does, can someone build the entire thing for me (put it all together and make it work?) I am very new to this so I would just like to buy a working laser. :D

"Note: I do not sell complete lasers. My kits do not include laser diodes or laser modules. You must buy your own laser diode and/or green laser module to complete the assembly. (Most kits have a 'Hot' option for the driver installed and current set, which is most of the work"
You really need to read the thread before posting.

juyyan

I understand that part. My question was "can someone build the entire thing for me?" I was implying that I wanted someone to get the parts and build the actual laser. And I will pay for the parts and service.

I understand that part. My question was "can someone build the entire thing for me?" I was implying that I wanted someone to get the parts and build the actual laser. And I will pay for the parts and service.

Well no one will make a noob a laser, because they don't know if they are going to point them at people or aircrafts or whatever, and why do you want to light a match? There are perfectly good match boxes for that.

Also why did you choose this thread to post in?

Well no one will make a noob a laser, because they don't know if they are going to point them at people or aircrafts or whatever, and why do you want to light a match? There are perfectly good match boxes for that.

Also why did you choose this thread to post in?
I wouldn't go that far, But I see your point, and couldn't agree more.

For anyone to build you a laser, They'd want to be sure you'd read the stickies and knew about the safety risks/Laws/etc. Had you read the stickies, You would know not to post on threads that are old and to also read them. Where it specifically states "I don't sell complete lasers" Seeing as you are seeking to buy an item, You should know you need to have 20 posts and to make a thread in the "Buying and trading section" Cause you are buying something... If you'd like to continue this conversation, By all means, PM me. Please don't post again, It's completely unrelated to the thread.

+1 and a big thank you for my pocket mini Jay.
Excellent workmanship and a little beast with a G1.

Re: Pocket Mini Kit! - Host, Heatsink, Drilled Pil

Hello jayrob,
Do you still have the pocket mini kits for sale ? and which laser blue diode and lens do you recommend ? Please quote price too, thank you.

jayrob

Re: Pocket Mini Kit! - Host, Heatsink, Drilled Pil

Hello jayrob,
Do you still have the pocket mini kits for sale ? and which laser blue diode and lens do you recommend ? Please quote price too, thank you.

I still stock the chrome ones yes...

They are great little hosts for up to maybe 750mA's in my opinion. (only because of battery capacity)

So for blue, you can use a 445 diode, or the PL450...

Send me a PM! :beer:

jayrob

LOL, don't find a heatsink for this anywhere...

If you send me the host, I can make a heatsink for it as long as it comes apart, etc... (or a drawing of the heatsink you need)

Send me a PM! :beer:

Last edited:
Received my chrome pocket mini today, for a 200mW 520nm build. It took quite a while due to shipping delays from China, but I'm happy with it.

Impressions and comments:

The host is very good quality for a mid/low-range chinese host. The threads are really good (not noticeably gritty) and the machining is high quality.

The host is quite small. I really prefer it to larger 18650-sized hosts.

The copper heatsink is pretty beefy. The set screw hole had some burrs, which I had to file off with a nail file before it would go in the host.

I had a really hard time getting the LED off for some reason. The adhesive they're using is relatively very strong. Normally those LEDs just slide right off. This one took a *lot* of prying. At some point I thought it might actually be soldered on.

I also couldn't get the brass ring to come out. In the end, I used a punch to knock both circuit boards out of the pill (the punch went through the wire holes). The damage to the battery contact board was minimal, and the important part (the battery + contact) was undamaged. I ended up just leaving the brass ring in.

I had a problem where when I unscrewed the battery tube, it would unscrew the pill a bit as well. I fixed this by putting a bunch of loctite blue in the threads, and then wiping away the excess with a tissue. The remaining loctite was now in the pill's threads, and the pill stays in place.

The result is a very heavy/dense and high-quality feeling laser that fits easily in a pocket.