Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: New Pen Host Kits! Switch board with Spring Option - Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FS: New Pen Host Kits! All Parts Included - Ni

Jay, will you be getting any full chrome versions if available? :)

jayrob

Yes! :)

My supplier has ordered them and will be stocking them for me. So they are about 4 or 5 days away at this point...

But I happen to have 3 chrome Leadlights on hand. These are labeled <1mW reds. They are new and in working order. Batteries not included. But they go in case positive for these. (positive end toward tail cap)

I will sell these for $20 each plus $3 dollars shipping.

Shipping out of the U.S. will be the same price. But there will be no signature confirmation. (Out of U.S. buyer assumes responsibility at that price) Should not be a problem though... (I would mark the package as a gift, with a description of 'LED Pen Light' with a low value of $10)
Jay

Attachments

• Dscn2145.jpg
    Dscn2145.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 263

Nice, just doing a little measurement with a AixiZ module and one of those black 'holster' things that I got from my 'other' laser pointer (that holds the board with the switch), 42mm is absolutely perfect!  

I must be missing something Jay, cause I know you really don't think this is good for a beginner, yet it seems so simple.    I just solder the + from the rkcstr driver to the case pin on the diode, close up the module that now only has the black - wire coming out, fit the board in the 'holster' with the switch, solder the black - to the output side of the switch, then glue the black holster thing to the back of the AixiZ module.  Then just shove it in the pen until the buttons line up.  (and the spring mounted too, but that is easy).  

I dunno...I must be missing something? Either way I take the challenge! When the time comes, I will post here with my failure or sucess...hopefully it's the latter of the two :)

Guide for those interested, I found it very helpful. Gives a decent illustration of how to load a pen with a rkcstr driver and PHR.
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1214277097

jayrob

Well, I guess you have to define 'easy'. Or define 'beginner'...

But all I meant, was to warn that they are a 'small' build. And that small usually means more difficult!

Yes, the are easy after you have some basic building skills...
Jay

The only thing I'm going to have to learn how to do is messing with the PCB board. Although luckily I have a driver+switch from another laser build that I can use. I just bypass the driver and use the switch only and it mounts into the holster perfectly (same holster it was in). Although I'm sure the blank PCB board is easy to tinker with if and when I want to do more than one pen build.

jayrob

You are correct...

They are not to bad at all, just small though.

One of the hard things with the Leadlights, was getting it apart. But these are all in pieces and brand new. So much easier than modifying a Leadlight...
Jay

jayrob said:
You are correct...

They are not to bad at all, just small though.

One of the hard things with the Leadlights, was getting it apart. But these are all in pieces and brand new. So much easier that modifying a Leadlight...
Jay

Yeah, this is a sweet deal! They are very nice looking and cheap...cannot go wrong here. :cool:

Hey Jay - Do you have any spare buttons?

jayrob

I only received the exact number of other parts as I did Pen barrels, including the count on the buttons...

I can ask my supplier if he has a few extra on my next order.
Jay

So have you built anything into any of your new pens Jay? :)

jayrob

I have not, because I already have about 4 custom Leadlight builds! ;D

But I just checked the measurements and made sure the AixiZ modules fit nice and stuff so that I could offer these nice new hosts for others if they want them. :)
Jay

jayrob

The_Muffin_Man, your black with chrome clip Pen Host kit and other item will be in Monday's mail!

Thanks!
Jay

Sounds good. Cant wait :D. Ill tell you when i get them. :)

Hey jayrob, would you be willing to sell me the switches without the host? I have an empty leadlight case I want to use for a bluray build, but I'm missing a switch and pcb.

jayrob

I have switches, but not extra PCB material...

Buy any of my kits or even a heatsink and just remind me about the little momentary switch and I will toss one in for you at no charge! :)
Jay

Hey Jay, how useful would it be to make a exterior heatsink for one of these pens? Would it actually work?

Status
Not open for further replies.