Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: MXDL Host & Heatsink Combo! (4171 or 3405)

I'm getting one of the few Older 4171's thats floating around. Cool host. This is a cool host and nice heat sink. Good unit. I'll be putting a link to here in the review.

Hey Jayrob the misspelling on the newer one is even worse that what you have. It's not even "Supen Bnight " that you have in the picture but it's got "Supen Bnigkt" ROFL....

jayrob

I'm getting one of the few Older 4171's thats floating around. Cool host. This is a cool host and nice heat sink. Good unit. I'll be putting a link to here in the review.

Hey Jayrob the misspelling on the newer one is even worse that what you have. It's not even "Supen Bnight " that you have in the picture but it's got "Supen Bnigkt" ROFL....

Hmmm... Well, I hope the hosts are the same as the ones I have pictures. Or else the heatsinks may not fit. They keep changing this host. So it is confusing to try to keep making heatsinks for them...

I would like to order your "newer" 4171 cone shaped heatsink only. How do I go about doing this?

Yes if your sure it's the one I have pictured in the first post, then I can make the heatsink for you...

Hmmm... Well, I hope the hosts are the same as the ones I have pictures. Or else the heatsinks may not fit. They keep changing this host. So it is confusing to try to keep making heatsinks for them...

Yes if your sure it's the one I have pictured in the first post, then I can make the heatsink for you...

No my Friend it's a fully built laser. He made it from a kit he bought from you 1.7 years ago. I'll link this thread in the Review of it. :beer: I'll send to a PM when it's up.

This deserves a new post....

The 4171 Is Back In stock LOOK

IMG_1463.jpg

It's a
IMG_1464.jpg

Different button
IMG_1465.jpg

And What is This???
IMG_1466.jpg

It fits smaller sized 18650's, the bigger ones fit to but they fit to well if you know what I mean, you wont be able to pull em out but they fit on with out force
IMG_1467.jpg

I got them from reading this thread....
http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/has-any-one-ever-heard-goodluckbuy-54027.html#post875857

I searched and searched and found the link for you guys "Mostly for Jayrob"
MXDL 7W Lumileds CR123A 6V Flashlight $17.83 FS&H @ GoodLuckBuy.com

Last edited:

jayrob

Looks like maybe the 4171 is back to life! Especially if it can fit an 18650...

Nice find! :gj:

DTR

I am sure you can get them printed with anything you want on them as a distributor. Same as the Aura Cree AKA survival laser and I have also seen the Cree host with no markings on it at all.;)

It works with two CR123A's so it should fit an 18650 no problem.:D

jayrob

Hey Jayrob,
I found the 4171 MXDL host. ( I love the 3405 that I baught from you :) it's a good host)
It seems you can find it on the net by the name MXDL E2710 and unlike DX that it's out of stock here is a place you still can buy it

MXDL 5W Lumileds CR123A 6V Flashlight [E2710] : Electronic Gadgets, Home Gifts & Unusual Novelty Gifts - BestOfferBuy

Couple things about the 4171...

It is possible that those are old adds, and the product you will receive will be a different light. This happened to me a couple of times.

The other thing, is that the 4171 will not fit an 18650. So it is better suited for a linear driver build... (IMO)

mgreen

If I order the Hot option what is the maximum current you can set the flexdrive at for use with one of DTR's 445 diodes? Could a single flexdrive power a diode at 1W+?

jayrob

If I order the Hot option what is the maximum current you can set the flexdrive at for use with one of DTR's 445 diodes? Could a single flexdrive power a diode at 1W+?

3405 host available, not 4171...

And it can be set at the max for FlexDrive - 1.5 Amps.

Which would be about 1.3 Watts with an AixiZ 445 3 element lens.

I recommend a 22600 Li-Ion battery instead of the modified battery pack for the 3405. I have one for $10 bucks if you want the battery.

See here about the 3405:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/tutorial-3405-build-tips-50930.html

mgreen

What would the duty cycle be? Would the flexdrive overheat or is it attached to a heatsink?

jayrob

What would the duty cycle be? Would the flexdrive overheat or is it attached to a heatsink?

I would set it up with it's own heatsink for the driver. I have some 1/2" copper material for this.

For duty, it would be fine for much longer I'm sure, but I always recommend a 1 or 2 minute duty. It's just a good 'rule of thumb' and habit to get into...

Send me a PM for ordering! :beer:

Last edited: