Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: "Mosquito" Version 2 - All In One 1.2W+ 445nm Modules - 1667 mA

What would be changed in v3?

How much juice does this driver need ? will the hotlights battery holder, filled with AAA's work?
EDIT1: sorry, found it : The Mosquitoes run off 7.2V (so two lithium ion cells).

EDIT3: im not sure if the ones i have are actually AAA's, or 10440's (i got the with this kit: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-perfect-first-diy-laser-kit-has-everything-66540.html)

EDIT2: how exactly would i hook this up in the hotlight ? these are case neg ?

Last edited:

rhd

What would be changed in v3?

How much juice does this driver need ? will the hotlights battery holder, filled with AAA's work?
EDIT: sorry, found it : The Mosquitoes run off 7.2V (so two lithium ion cells).

EDIT: how exactly would i hook this up in the hotlight ? these are case neg ?

I just revved this to V2, so V3 is a ways off.

In a hotlight, I would probably just wire the module (+) to the hotlight battery (+) tab, and grab the (-) from the case pin.

please see my last post, about the batteries, if these are 10440's, would i use 2 in the battery holder, and (i believe it had 3 slots, but again, dont have it with me right now) just bridge the third one ?

Thx

rhd

please see my last post, about the batteries, if these are 10440's, would i use 2 in the battery holder, and (i believe it had 3 slots, but again, dont have it with me right now) just bridge the third one ?

Thx

Yep, you'd bridge the third slot. You can also often use 2x CR2 in that host if memory serves.

But 2xCR2 would only be 6v? Wouldnt it?

I tought i need 7.2v, or am i missing something?

Sam

Edit: checked bats, are 10440s :). What would happen if i put 3 in? Kill the diode, or will the driver dissipate excess voltage? Would this create too much heat for the driver and kill it eventually?

Thx for the effort of educating me a bit rhd ;)

Last edited:
I have lithium cr2's, cheap panasonics from DX, they say 3v on them, i was not even aware there where 3.7v ones...

Im using those for that cheap "200mw" 405nm dilda from dx

Should i be using 3.7v ones for it?

sorry about the offtopic question above, anyways, im back on topic,

i have checked out the hotlight host/heatsink, it will take the loose head mosquito WITHOUT the back-end. yay

Has anyone put this in a hotlight?, and checked out how long u can run it ? what duty cycle should to use? the hotlight doesnt have that big of a heatsink, but this beeing my first build i have nothing to compare to ..

Thx

rhd

Hey,

If you'd like, I'm happy to set a module for you at a lower current like 1.25 A. That would give you a longer duty cycle.

Cheers

any idea what the duty cycle would be ? at standard setting ? and at the lower setting.

i really wouldnt want to fry one fo these, just to figure out its duty cycle in the hotloght host...

Hey, rhd one last question since my host came today which side/components of driver should I heatsink?

Thanks

rhd

If you choose to heat sink the driver, the IC would be your first priority. If you wanted, you could heat sink the resistors too. Neither is necessary in many use scenarios.

rhd

Quick update -

I've removed the "Spring" option. Now every module will come with two leads soldered to the driver, as well as spring included in the package. There's an extra V+ input on the driver for using the spring if you desire. I'm also not going to attach the case pin to the driver unless you request that when making your purchase.

Last edited:
Could u make me a loose head, case negative one, to use in my hotlight..

Im thinking all your loose head ones are case neg, but figured id ask to make sure.

Say the word and ill send payment

rhd

Could u make me a loose head, case negative one, to use in my hotlight..

Im thinking all your loose head ones are case neg, but figured id ask to make sure.

Say the word and ill send payment

Yep - no problem :)

PP SENT, via the link for loose head (Unique Transaction ID #9742xXxXxXxXxXF)

Thx in advance.

Last edited: