Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Meredith Glass Lenses Fit For AixiZ! +20% Red!

jayrob

Re: FS: Meredith Glass Lenses Fit For AixiZ! +20%

Thanks for posting back with your measurements! :)

Wow! That's close to a 25% increase!

I must mention that this result is probably not the norm. I have always measured 20% increase in power for a Meredith glass lens vs AixiZ acrylic (back opened) using red long open cans...

I am happy to see that you have such good results, but I just had to mention that so that people would not expect more than 20%.

Thanks again Barry!
Jay

Len

Hey Jayrob!

Got the lens in the mail today, screwed it in immediately. Fits perfectly. I got no LPM (yet) so I can't measure how much of an increase I've gotten. But it seems to cause a whole lot more smoke at least :D

jayrob

Thanks for posting back!:)

When you get ready to get a meter, check with Kenom or lasersbee...
Jay

jayrob

Miloš, I am sending your lenses today. (Tuesday)

Please post back with you measurements! :)
Jay

Aixiz Acrylic- 233mW
Aixiz Glass- 240mW
Meredith glass- 290mW

A 57mW increase, very nice

Wow, 25%, very nice, indeed :D

I'm shocked though to find out that there's only a 3% increase from acrylic to glass... :eek:

p.s. I reported the auto-spam post above (Gabriboy). First time I notice it managing to "infiltrate" a thread... this sucks big-time... :(

Last edited:
An alternative is the AR-coated acrylic lens from Virtualvillage, which is available from $6 up (depending on where you order) and which gives a 10% improvement - only half of the Meredith lens, but at a bargain cost.

Milos

Jay, thanks a lot for wonderful packing, and quick shipment. Everything came in order A+

I had time today to test and i am happy to find that there is about 16% increase over standard aixiz glass lens. Beam is slightly tighter than aixiz lenses, but not as tight as with your 405-G-1 mod. It is after all the best lens for our diodes so far, and its a pleasure to have it.

I tried to take some shots of beams with 4 different lenses i have handy, and show beam diameter comparison. It is easier to tell the difference in real life as opposed to the photos though. In other words, difference is greater and more exciting in reality!!

I will update my thread in review section with bit more info.

best regards, great job !!

pics below from left to right:1,2,3,4

#1Standard Aixiz glass lens, #2 Jay's 405-G-1, #3Jay's Meredith glass mod (lens sold in this thread), #4Standard Aixiz glass lens without threads on front end.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    383.7 KB · Views: 1,769
Last edited:

jayrob

Thanks for posting with great detail and pictures too Miloš!:kewlpics:

Your reading of 16% more power vs AixiZ glass is exactly in line with the measurements that I have taken and listed above. :rolleyes:

I got a 4 to 5% difference with AixiZ glass vs AixiZ acrylic (back opened) for red. And a 20% increase for Meredith glass vs AixiZ acrylic (back opened). There's your 16%! ;)
Jay

jayrob

JonR, your Meredith glass fit for AixiZ lens modification is shipping today. (Monday)

Hope you like it! :)
Jay

jayrob

Crossfire, your Meredith glass lens mod (and your other 405-G-1) is shipping today. (Wednesday)

Please post back with your results for the Meredith! :)
Jay

jayrob

Tyler, I am shipping your lenses today. (Monday)

Let me know how you like them! :)
Jay

Jayrob Strikes Again!

Got my lenses shipped to me at work. Popped in the Meredith red at lunch and impressed a few engineers (also had my Kryton blu-ray with the 405-G-1). Went home and immediately busted out the Kenometer.

Original AixiZ glass lens: 261mW
Jayrob Meredith glass lens: 311mW

As an added bonus the beam is tighter at aperture with the Jayrob Meredith. The 50mW gain represents a 19.2% increase in power.

That's right, my humble Kryton Smooth is now an official 300mW monster. I cannot wait for the sun to set to check out the beam in the Florida humidity.

I wonder if these fit the Dilda...

Bottom line - if you like red photons then you'll definitely need this lens. I've never seen so many from a single source!

k1kb0t

Hey Jay, I just finished the LPC and have the Meredith module installed. I'm getting some weird effect around the focused dot. It looks like it is going through a diffraction grating. I'll post a picture in a few minutes. I don't think it is your lens and I can't wait to give you some numbers when my LPM arrives.

Thanks Jay, you Da Man

Jon

Hello again Jay. I just have to try out out this lens on my red so payment has been made. Thanks again.

jayrob

gecko991, I got your PayPal, thanks! I will ship today. (Wednesday)

sbdwag, same goes for yours...

Please post back with your results! :)

k1kb0t, that sounds strange... I clean and inspect the lenses before I assemble them, so I don't think it is the lens. But the Meredith glass lenses do have some 'side splash' similar the the 405-G-1 glass lenses.
Jay