Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Maglite 2 C Modification Kit! - 2 X 26500/FlexModP3!

jayrob

Thanks!

Yes good point about the FlexModP3...

Per the documentation, it will deliver up to 4 Amps!

DTR

I hope they will get these back in stock soon as well.:D

Protected Single D Li-ion (32650/32600) [E4752] : BestOfferBuy.com, Buy DVD, Shop for PC accessories, Discount MP3 Players, Bargain Deal for Surveillance Equipment, Cheap R4 for NDS, X-sim Unlock

Product Description

* Fit M*g with spring cut-down or FF M*g golden shorty tailspring
* Built-in over-discharge and over-charge
* Allow a maximum of 5A+ current load
* 5000mAh true capacity
* Battery itself capable of 3C discharge
* 0.2C - 0.5C charging current
* Ship in 3.75V per cell
* Safe for continuous usage, high quality standard backed by manufacturer directly

Specification

* Length:9.50cm
* Diameter:3.00cm

DTR

I would hope they are saying it is a 3.7V Li-Ion that is shipped with just a small amount of juice in it. But If it was a lifeop4 3.2V the max charge would be 3.6V and that would be overcharged at 3.75.:thinking: But I agree it is a little vague.;)

benmwv

If you are having trouble finding a good source batteryspace.com has vaious large li-ion and lifepo4 batteries.

If i was going to build one of these mag kits I would like to use the mag 3D with two 32900 (F size, like a D but 1.5 times the length), but i can only find them in lifepo4 with a capacity of 4.5 Ah so they would be pretty much useless considering the D li-ion has 5 Ah. If anybody knows where to get them in li-ion style please tell.

Since they can deal out 90 amps I figure somebody might like to have some so here is the link:

LiFePO4 32900P (F size) Rechargeable Cell : 3.2V 4.5Ah, 90A Rate, 14.4Wh

jayrob

I'm thinking the smaller sized Maglite 2 D, with 2 X 32600's / FlexModP3 is the setup for me...

Even at max power, it will still be a couple of hours run time between charges! :)

Just got one of these off a member amd was wondering what the flexmod was originally set at? I didnt see it when I skimmed your thread but im also on my phone so I may have missed it. 2.4A seems to stick out but just looking for clarification. Also how can one easily test to make sure the pot wasnt changed (would I be able to.send it to you to test?)

jayrob

Just got one of these off a member amd was wondering what the flexmod was originally set at? I didnt see it when I skimmed your thread but im also on my phone so I may have missed it. 2.4A seems to stick out but just looking for clarification. Also how can one easily test to make sure the pot wasnt changed (would I be able to.send it to you to test?)

If I built it, then it would be set to the buyers requested setting... Which I note in the package, but I don't keep track of all that information...

I do know that there have been others of these builds sold by another person who followed my set up and sold a few builds.

In any case, you will have to get a test load and measure the driver.

But if it is a working laser, you can just measure current at the tail. Since it is a linear driver, your current at the tail will be the same as what is being fed the diode...

Last edited:
If I built it, then it would be set to the buyers requested setting... Which I note in the package, but I don't keep track of all that information...

I do know that there have been others of these builds sold by another person who followed my set up and sold a few builds.

In any case, you will have to get a test load and measure the driver.

But if it is a working laser, you can just measure current at the tail. Since it is a linear driver, your current at the tail will be the same as what is being fed the diode...

It was listed as a "jayrob" laser so im guessing it came from you. I trust the seller as well so dont think it was made by anyone else. Anyways, dont have a test load :(

Do you have one and could I send the driver to you for testing? Was planning on using a 9mm to take advantage of that massive heat sink ;)

jayrob

It was listed as a "jayrob" laser so im guessing it came from you. I trust the seller as well so dont think it was made by anyone else. Anyways, dont have a test load :(

Do you have one and could I send the driver to you for testing? Was planning on using a 9mm to take advantage of that massive heat sink ;)

No problem... Send me a PM! :beer: