Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Laserbee LPM, 532nm module, and non-working argon

Hey everybody. I'm selling some of my lasers and laser-related things. Why, you ask? I'll tell you. Since I started working at Laserglow and began working with lasers every single day, most of my personal lasers have been sitting around collecting dust. Combined with my inability to stop spending money on other things, it's about time I cleared out a few things. I'm in Canada, so please take that into consideration: You may have to pay customs charges if you're not in Canada. Local pickup in Toronto is also available.

Statuses:
Argon - Available
Green Module - Available
LaserBee - Available

ARGON LASER: I have a non-working Omnichrome 532 series Argon-ion laser with matching power supply. It's a multiline. Currently I'm not able to get it to start and I don't really have the time or energy to try and fix it. It used to work for me, and I have many many hours of working run-time on this unit. It was working last time I tried to get it going, which was a year ago. I think I've let it sit for too long, and so the tube is probably high-pressure. Peering down the bore, I can see the cathode is hot, and I can see the starter ticking away, but the tube won't light. It always used to start on the first pulse for me. Also, it's made in 1988 so I think it's a miracle it worked for me at all. It used to output about 25 mW on 8 lines at full power, and it would idle with 2 lines at about 6 mW. Hour meter says 1817 hours. Power supply is internally jumpered so no remote is needed.
EtpWVm.jpg
VPjCYSMm.jpg

ySyRMQGm.jpg
hCVBJjHm.jpg

VTeRIRFm.jpg

Asking $75 - Shipping is going to be outrageous because this thing is fragile so I'm going to pretty much insist on local pickup for this. Anyone in Southern Ontario want a crack at reviving an argon? If not, the power supply and optics are still in great shape.

GREEN MODULE: I don't know much about this unit. It's a 532 nm green OEM lab module of some sort. I think I got it from DealExtreme, but I don't remember to be honest. It's got a TTL on/off input and it runs on 5V. The heatsink is cheap and it's kinda bent, but the laser works great. It runs at about 165mW.

Asking $45 USD plus shipping

LASERBEE: I have a Laserbee I thermopile power meter. I built it into a plastic project box. I won't lie to you, it looks absolutely hideous. That said, the unit works great. The sensor is detachable, it's got a power switch, and buttons to control the LCD backlight and reset the maximum value. It runs on a single 9V battery (not included). It's very accurate, I've measured it to be within a few mW on most lasers compared to the Coherent Fieldmax II you see in the other photos. It measured the above Green module to be 166 mW. You can probably take it out of the horrible housing, the components inside are only attached with hot glue.

Asking $100 USD plus shipping.

If anybody has any questions or comments please feel free to ask. If you're interested in any of the items, please PM me your address so I can get a shipping quote. I know some people hate it, but I'd really like to be paid using paypal. Finally, I've been fairly busy lately, so please expect 2 business days or so of handling time (4 for the argon!)

EDIT: Also, regarding shipping, I plan to ship these things, especially the Argon, in slightly oversized boxes with tons of padding. I've had lasers damaged in the mail and I'm not about to let it happen to you!

I might be interested in the Argon if you're willing to ship it :p

ARG

How much would it cost to ship that Argon to Vancouver? ;)

SKeeZ

thats a great deal for an argon if someone can get it to work. i'd be interested but i have not the slightest idea of how to go about fixing something like that.

Would love the laserbee. I live in Baltimore MD. Could you quote shipping?

I hope you guys don't mind too much, but since I'd really like to get rid of this argon locally, I'll probably not entertain any shipping requests for now. It's going to be a PITA because even just to get a quote I need to box it up and find out the dimensions and weight, and at that point I've committed the shipping materials and a fair amount of effort. That said, ARG in Vancouver might be do-able since you're domestic. If nobody local wants it, I'll get back to you!

Would love the laserbee. I live in Baltimore MD. Could you quote shipping?

Should be $21 via UPS ground.

Oh I see the deleted post is for the same reason I'll have to pass. Need 3w+ sorry for the syke out :)

Last edited: