Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Laser Power Meters $150 *SOLD OUT!!*

Re: FS: Laser Power Meters $150 *more available*

lol I spent over 100 dollars of hard earned cash on DX orders in the last few weeks, I should really just stop spending and save up for these meters....

but at the rate Im earning money, that will take a long time...

I guess If kenom stops sellign these when I have the money, Ill takckle the DIY power meter in the Experimets and mods section...

regards,

amk

Kenom

You can do the upgrade yourself.  I'll even put in the side of the meter some "plugs" like banana plugs for you to hook a usb multimeter to for easy hookup to the meter.

As far as shipping to canada is concerned, it's $20.

And the Diy featured in the mods section uses this board.  That's why they are limited run.  When the boards sell out we have no more to make either the diy or these meters that I'm making.  The main difference between the mod and mine is mine still utilizes teh "coherent" board  whereas the mod only utilizes the "head"  Not saying there is anything wrong with the diy but I think it's not a coherent anymore by removing the board.

member02 said:
I would be interested in any upgrades available if you hadn't finished mine yet.

Does mine zero-out?
all of the meters will have the zero mod.

glad to hear it, and I agree on the coherent board being important.

Kenom

Bump!

Ref

Giveittome. :cool:

PMed.

Kenom

Givened!

hey kenom, when should I expect mine?

Kenom

I'm in the process of assembling them all now. I've got the displays for 3 and have more inbound. they will be here in no more than 5 days I was told. (paid the extra for fast shipping from china) I'm setting these up as really nice units with a detachable psu cable and adjustment on the front to zero the meter out. I'm sorry this is taking as long as it is. You'll love it when you get it though.

The head is just a calibrated thermopile.
The board is what makes it a Coherent meter.

Also worth noting that the knob that zeroes the DIY meter is actually changing the gain... thus making it inaccurate. i.e. turn it up, and your lasers all read over power. down, and they read under.
Thus, it is not coherent, it is not accurate, and IMO so inaccurate it's no longer a power meter; just kind of a power approximator.

BlueFusion said:
Also worth noting that the knob that zeroes the DIY meter is actually changing the gain... thus making it inaccurate. i.e. turn it up, and your lasers all read over power. down, and they read under.
Thus, it is not coherent, it is not accurate, and IMO so inaccurate it's no longer a power meter; just kind of a power approximator.

Yanno.. I'm getting a little tired of hearing that because it's not true.  You and I have had this discussion before and I told you you were wrong then.  Guess what? You're still wrong!  However, if you must insist on perpetuating this fallacy and trying to discredit the DIY project, perhaps you will do the decent thing and enlighten all of us with your detailed analysis of why you think this is the case in the DIY thread?

couldn't we simply test blu's theory by using an accurate low powered laser? testing it, waiting a while, zeroing it out, testing it again, the stats shouldn't change.

whats with the mid thread ads????

Ref

Ads, huh? I wondered what that empty space was in this post. Hurray for adblock.

Hey Guys,

A couple of skinny ads in the threads is a small price to pay for such a great forum. Avery's probably just trying to cover his costs with some pay-per-click ads. Help him out and check out a few links here and there. He's got a lot of costs to cover since the move and I think the ads are pretty ignorable, even for those of us without ad blockers.

It's a traditional internet business model and just part of this medium. Hell, if Google's advertisers want to subsidize this place, power to them! Works for me.

Cheers, CC

Ref

Bump.

Looks like I might receive this before the S*KY GB. :p

How's the build going Ken?

I'm really stoked to test all my various lasers now... especially with recent specs on 2 of them to use as a benchmark. I really don't care that the absolute power is accurate, I'm more interested in the relative power of the various colours before I start to mix them with the dichros to get new colours. Your LPM will be very useful there.

Cheers, CC