Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: How much would you offer?

lamborgini8 said:
[quote author=andy_con link=1213300380/12#13 date=1213374143]LOL you have just said a very common problem when building a scanner.

why does your red need a heat sink? what spec is the diode and what is it outputting?

i over come the height problem by using two sets of optics, pretty cheap. or you can make an alum platform put screws in each corner and adjust the height.

do you have an alum base plate?

Again, I don't have the time or anything to buy more optics or build another platform.

you dont need optics as such just some more mirror mounts which are pennies and some mirrors.

your problems are pretty easy to over come

Thanks Andy but I think I am going to go ahead and sell despite what you say. Everything I have now is nothing compared to the beauty I am buying after this lot is sold.

WTF!!!

you even have it all mounted??? i must be missing something

but anyway

andy_con said:
WTF!!!

you even have it all mounted??? i must be missing something

but anyway

Yeah, your missing something.

The one in the images is my version1. I made that a while back in a plastic box, it went rather wrong with a few mistakes on the box and once it was done I turned it on and noticed it was only doing half of the effects... then I did a little research into it and found out the scanner kit takes 2 different colours (RGY). Which is why I was going to make a version2 which would be the RGY scanner.

The plastic box not only isnt big enough for 2 lasers, its also too flimsy and there is no space left in there for anything at all.

andy_con said:
ah i see, ill let you off then ;)

Haha.

Its fun but there isnt much I can do with it, plus I have found a nice 160mW RGY animation/beam scanner I would like want.