Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: How much would you offer?

My RGY scanner project isn't going so well as I simply don't have the time, money or resources to complete it. Which is why I am considering selling all the parts I have, buying a ready made one and modifying it (depending if the output power is higher or lower than what I have).

So here is what I would sell depending on how much people will offer.

Laser Show Parts 12k scanner kit, complete with all wires and components. (bought from chinese department store)
100mW Red Laser Module
Dichro (reflects green, passes red) (cracked but still works well) SOLD
Plastic Chassis from my version1 rgy scanner
1x Andys dichro/mirror mount (4x springs included)
1x Red Maglite Torch ( was originally used as laser, with batteries)
70mw Red Diode (in aixiz housing and optics)

How much would you offer for all or parts of this? I will post images if anyone is interested.

Is the galvo set in new/like-new condition? If so, please let me know what's the minimum you'd accept for it (strapped for spare cash right now so any offer I'd make you would probably be insulting)

If pseudo doesn't buy the stuff, would you be willing to sell the 100mW red module for very cheap? If so, where did you get the 100mW module from?

styropyro said:
If pseudo doesn't buy the stuff, would you be willing to sell the 100mW red module for very cheap? If so, where did you get the 100mW module from?

I think I remember DrLava having a lot of the 100mW red lasers for pretty cheap. you should try to PM him about it

pseudonomen137 said:
Is the galvo set in new/like-new condition? If so, please let me know what's the minimum you'd accept for it (strapped for spare cash right now so any offer I'd make you would probably be insulting)

The whole set is in perfect condition, as if it were brand new. The minimum I will accept for this is around £50 GBP but that is absolute dead minimum.

I am selling the 100mw red for £25 - £30 GBP. There is already some interest in this.

The module was bought from ebay and works perfectly.

How big is the dichro?

Uhh, smallest size you can get I believe. 30mm I think, I will get back to you on that.

I will post some pictures of everything when I get home from work now I know there is some interest in this.

thats bad news that your selling up.

cant you stick with it?

you seems to have everything there? do you want me to coe help you?

andy_con said:
thats bad news that your selling up.

cant you stick with it?

you seems to have everything there? do you want me to coe help you?

Yeah I know, I could stick with it but there are just too many problems that I dont have the time or money to solve. For starters the red module has useless round housing on the diode and I cant seam to get a heat sink similar to what my green one is in without buying another unit and riping it apart as well as other companies not willing to sell me spares.

Thats just one of the problems, I really dont have time to even list them all. Which is why I am selling all the parts (sad to see it go) and some extra parts I have lying around and using the money plus a bit of my own to buy a ready built scanner.

I am looking at RGY scanners or 4 tunnel ones that are red and green. The money I get from this, I hope, will be enough to get me something decent that I can possible upgrade. I will be using the IDLA on them as well, which my home built scanner didnt have.

so before you do sell anything do you want me to come take a look?

ill even bring my scanner to give you some hope of what it could be in the near future.

andy_con said:
so before you do sell anything do you want me to come take a look?

ill even bring my scanner to give you some hope of what it could be in the near future.

Thanks for offering but I think I have decided now.

I will only sell the main parts if people are interested in the other parts. Last thing I want is to sell the red module and no one wants the scanner kit... then I am stuck with it.

I will probally post over on photonlexicon as well later today. What I am hoping is I will get at least £100 for the whole lot of this and I will put perhaps another £150 - £200 towards that making it £300 in total that I can spend on a scanner, IDLA controler and software.

£300............

your gona struggle for anything good.

i think your making a mistake. it sounds to me that you have all the parts need, you just need to connect them all together. you just need a green.

when buying a low end pre made scanner most dont even have galvos in them but stepper mototrs which are not good.

i dont see your problem, you have all the parts?

lamborgini8 said:
[quote author=pseudonomen137 link=1213300380/0#1 date=1213320950]Is the galvo set in new/like-new condition? If so, please let me know what's the minimum you'd accept for it (strapped for spare cash right now so any offer I'd make you would probably be insulting)

The whole set is in perfect condition, as if it were brand new. The minimum I will accept for this is around £50 GBP but that is absolute dead minimum.
[/quote]

If that 50 pounds includes shipping to the US, you got a deal.

andy_con said:
£300............

your gona struggle for anything good.

i think your making a mistake. it sounds to me that you have all the parts need, you just need to connect them all together. you just need a green.

when buying a low end pre made scanner most dont even have galvos in them but stepper mototrs which are not good.

i dont see your problem, you have all the parts?

You can get some good ones around belive it or not. I have seen a 80mw green scanner with galvos etc. for around £300.

I already have the green laser, problem is I dont have and cant get a decent heatsink for the red laser that is the same as the green laser heat sink.

Imagine getting all the parts for your RGB, then when you come to lining up all the beams you find that all of your lasers are different sizes and you need to build something so they are all exactly the same height. Not such a big problem if you have the money and time to do it but I dont. I dont even have somewhere I can built them, I have been chopping up bits of metal and such in my room to get this far.

If I cant find a decent pre built scanner, the chances are I wont sell. All the above sales are depending on if I can sell the whole lot of it and if I can find a good scanner. Ebay do some pretty good ones with DMX, Sound Active, IDLA etc.

LOL you have just said a very common problem when building a scanner.

why does your red need a heat sink? what spec is the diode and what is it outputting?

i over come the height problem by using two sets of optics, pretty cheap. or you can make an alum platform put screws in each corner and adjust the height.

do you have an alum base plate?

andy_con said:
LOL you have just said a very common problem when building a scanner.

why does your red need a heat sink? what spec is the diode and what is it outputting?

i over come the height problem by using two sets of optics, pretty cheap. or you can make an alum platform put screws in each corner and adjust the height.

do you have an alum base plate?

Again, I don't have the time or anything to buy more optics or build another platform.

Let me know on the price for that dichro

Its got a crack through the middle as I said so it all depends on ho much you want to offer?

Pictures coming up.