Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: GreeNe+PS $150

To be honest I would love it but shipping that thing over here would have me a nervous wreck and I am trying to save money at the moment... just dumped a ton of money this month on laser related purchases. I'm sure loads of people are in the same boat as me.

What length is the tube?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not so sure about shipping a hollow glass tube overseas... but I do have enough bubble wrap and a fitting box for it if you wanted to buy it :p

The tube is roughly 13.5" of clear glass, 4" of cathode metal so 17.5" total (roughly). The bore inside is frosted glass so it's not a clear view of the plasma but the entire bore glows. See my avatar to the left, the cathode is on the far side of the tube in the shot :beer:

Last edited:
It's frosted because it's a wide bore to help make it easier on the eyes to look at. And it's measured mirror to mirror. So yeah around 18" sounds right. Mine is 20"... And honestly if they're packed properly, they're pretty tough, especially if the tube is in a head.

USPS actually has a box that is perfect for sending this particular tube. It's a triangular prism shaped box which I believe was designed to send schematic tubes. I got my hene green tube sent in one and with the proper wrap( that paper like foam around the tube and bubble wrap everywhere you can fit it) around it, it survived with zero issues.

Yeah the person I bought these lasers from packed them quite nicely, I will do the same for whoever is interested in the laser :beer:

Gadget

OK jeez it's been over 2 months, guys.

Hwang, if it's not sold by 3/27 I'll PM you for payment details...that's the soonest I can make it.

This seems like it might be a good entry point into gas lasers!

G

You wouldn't be disappointed lol a 20" bare tube GreeNe set for a starter gas laser is being spoiled :beer: