Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: G1 S3 Spyder Arctic Edition

csshih

Actually, he's not. He's bringing a bit of levity to an otherwise boring thread.

+1 T_J :evil:

yeah... I don't think you know what's going on here. personal attacks are not humor.

Come on guys... Lets keep this clean. Take your disputes to PM. TJ he was asking for advice. It was an open question not directed at you. And as far as modified Arctics go you are defiantly not the first or only one. Take a look over at PL ;)

TTerbo

Get a life man. I'm out.

Thanks Ash. :beer:

@Bob, there are only 2 people, and one is not here. Dont be naive bro.

bloody hell mate! stop posting that you have the only and most powerful modified arctic!
you always jump into threads and start drama. actually i would believe 97% of the drama is created by you!

lay of him, eudaimonium is a better person then you could ever be!

one day eudaimonium will have a more powerful arctic than yours

Uncalled for, perhaps unwise, but brave. And true. Thanks TTerbo.

TJ, seriously, "Get a life" is all you can come up with, while you don't do apsolutely anything beside sitting at the computer trolling a forum? Only one forum?

I'm doing great at one of best colleges around here, and not only do lasers but electronics also in my time, also a lot of computers (hardware), top if off with playing a guitar and having few chess medals... Oh I could go on but not much point, now is it?

What do you do to have a life superior than mine?
I'm asking in most serious manner now.

@TJ... I'm NOT trying to get a reaction out of you... but do you really believe its naive to think that 2 people out of over 30,000 orders of the Arctic are the only people to modify their laser? define modify...

(Modify); change: cause to change; make different; cause a transformation.

Is this not 3 examples of a modified arctic?

2mzxeuf.jpg

IMG_2157_thumb.jpg

IMG_2217_thumb.jpg

Just trying to clear my name.... I'm not naive

TTerbo

i think Tj will be turning rep all christmassy coloured just to set the mood :D

They are when I laugh at them. :crackup:
j/k I don't see anything out of the ordinary here. :undecided:

Then your sense of humour needs some re-working.

There's a thin blue line from where it becomes funny to offensive and uncalled for. Understanding where that line sits is rather important.

I'm sure if he was insulting you, and others were laughing at you, then you wouldn't find it amusing at all.

It's a sad state of affairs here when trolling and personal insults become part of the daily routine, isn't it? As they say, old habits die hard.

Everyone here owes an apology to the OP for derailing his thread, too. I don't see how that's acceptable either.

Troll overlord or not, veteran or not. I'm sure if it's not acceptable for newbies to derail threads it's not acceptable for respected veterans to do so either.

Last edited:

TTerbo

Well their is no way he is getting $520 for his arctic so...

mod101

I just think these ebay prices show the penetration of the first successful mass marketing of a high power laser. The countless news reports, many magazines, websites reviewed this, and even people that hate them cant stop talking about them. It is a nice host that doesnt look like a flashlight or pen.. so it actually looks special or different or cool like a light saber. (The original picture with the white snow mist on it looks really cool, i think it almost looks better then the real color black. I was kind of disappointed that it wasnt an option). Most people will search for that name and not take the time or 'trust' a hobbiest or some other company to purchase from. And everyone knows how people can get excited when something new comes out, (even if it just new to them) they just got to have it, or get it for someone..it's exciting...that's the arctic phenomenon. So the market says the value on these..on lpf is not as competitive for these but notice there are always replies on arctics for sale, but on ebay or other non laser sites they go for higher, partly they dont know better and partly they dont even care exactly how much the power spec is off by 300mw or so, it still is a powerful laser that is dangerous. So to me it's not surprising to have these inflated prices at least for awhile.

oh and
TJ how much extra did it cost you to make your modifications? and did you have to take apart the host or scratch it?

I almost did this, but then I found this forum and I am on my way to a DIY build that is so much more fun than buying one of these not so great lasers :D