Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Full Colour Driver Extension for the White Fusion kit

Cheech

Cool cool.. and my question was not technically worded at all.. I engineer all day at work, so I'm a little lazy on the forums.
I do know the math to figure out the power the wire can carry over the short distance and all, but... again, works been busy so I'm lazy and don't use that part of my brain for the extracurricular stuff.
But, I just did and it'll be fine..

-oh, and I have seen that cable with the fibers wrapped around the strands, but not often around here. I think it gives it strength for unusually long pulls. The stuff I find is usually just the TP's in the jacket. Each TP is a pair of teflon insulated copper wires. It makes great, free, small gage wire.

Copper wire resistance table

2943-ampacity.jpg

These figures are for a safe bet. you may be able to get more because we only use lasers for a short time.

Last edited:

dieselmarine, sherap and wicked1's drivers have finally been assembled and tested, sorry about the delay. Check your PMs :).

Now there is only one driver left, with oldfar's name on it. I sent you a PM asking if you still want your driver, you haven't shown any interest in a while...

sherap

Your are a star! Payment Sent.
now I have :
1 445
1 green dpss
1 650 nm with jayrob red lens, should be soon replace by the PL ML520G72 638nm 500mw GB.
1 Full Colour Driver on his way :bowdown:
and hardly waiting for the White Fusion Kit...:pop:

I'm planning to build a powerful portable RGB 2 motors spiro as small as possible...

wait and see

Your are a star! Payment Sent.
now I have :
1 445
1 green dpss
1 650 nm with jayrob red lens, should be soon replace by the PL ML520G72 638nm 500mw GB.
1 Full Colour Driver on his way :bowdown:
and hardly waiting for the White Fusion Kit...:pop:

I'm planning to build a powerful portable RGB 2 motors spiro as small as possible...

wait and see

What is your green power level? If you have a 445nm and are getting the 500mW 638nm, the green is the one really limiting you now.

dieselmarine, sherap and wicked1's drivers have finally been assembled and tested, sorry about the delay. Check your PMs :).

Now there is only one driver left, with oldfar's name on it. I sent you a PM asking if you still want your driver, you haven't shown any interest in a while...

depending on oldfar and interest, i may snag that one as well. :) btw great product. only trouble im having is getting time to wrap things up and man alignment is finicky.

thanks again!

I'll take one of these if you have any left. I will have to work out the max current though. I had 3 flexmods connected to my white fusion but have stripped off the flexmods to be used for other projects as they are unavailable at the mo. I'll turn this into an RGB spiro like in your video.

How were you controlling the motors??

Cheers
Rich

sherap

What is your green power level? If you have a 445nm and are getting the 500mW 638nm, the green is the one really limiting you now.

That's a 5 years old wicked laser module with IR filter, changed the diode with a Stonetek 500mw IR, it's very bright at 330ma, I might push it to 400ma..I don't know...

I'll take one of these if you have any left. I will have to work out the max current though. I had 3 flexmods connected to my white fusion but have stripped off the flexmods to be used for other projects as they are unavailable at the mo. I'll turn this into an RGB spiro like in your video.

How were you controlling the motors??

Cheers
Rich
The motors are PWM controlled with 555 timer circuits. I don't have any more drivers.

Any chance of a circuit diagram for the motor control?? So, do you have a driver board available? Paypal funds waiting.

Cheers
Rich

I bought them as kits long ago, I cant find the diagrams, or the kits for that matter. Try asking HIMNL9, he is pretty good at this stuff and might be able to help.

Oh, OK no worries. I'll do some more google searching too.
Let me know on the white fusion driver card when you have a minute.

Cheers
Rich

pp'd the money to you this morning, thanks.
Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, hoping I'll be able to get a white fusion heatsink/sled @ some point....

sherap

Hey, the driver just came this mornig, :thanks:
need to prepare some colored wires to do some test before my White Fusion arrive :shhh:

sorry, i never came in here because i was far too busy playing with it!

i received it in fine form, marked "led driver"

this thing is epic, developments soon!

Have fun!

I still haven't heard anything from oldfar and I've decided to take him off the list. I have 2 drivers left! The US-dollar has gotten pretty weak to the Swedish SEK so I'm changeling the currency from USD to SEK for the last 2 drivers! The price will be 550 SEK per driver inducing shipping and paypal fees.

These will probably be the last I sell because they are such a pain to make. I may get back sometime later with a new design...

oh its a total blast!! ive been launching the three seperate beams off of seperate spinning mirrors, all combining at the end, as ive been too busy having fun to put it all into the sled yet.

please place a hold on one of those for me, awaiting funds that should be coming this week. i do not want to only have one of these