Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS/FT Large Vacuum Tube

Re: Sell/Trade 1KW Vac Tube.

I could probably check the heater element. Shouldn't be an issue.

The super caps ARE 2.7V 3000 Farad. I didn't originally intend to sell them but if someone is interested they can make me an offer.

Apologies, I realized it mey have seemed like I was talking down on this sale, but that's not the case. The tube is probably in good shape, and might live for a long time yet. A little brown glass only means that it has some run time on it, that's all.

^Not the case at all. I knew you were just trying to share some info. Yes the tube is obviously used but its in better shape than 90% of the used ones I've seen elsewhere.

Re: Selling some stuff

I've dropped the price on the super cap's. I'll even throw in a free gift if someone buys something within 24 hours of this post.

D

Deleted member 16589

Got any 10,000 MFD caps.
My dad is fixing a wire-welder and needs some. I,m not sure what voltage ill have to check.

also does MFD stand for Mega farad or is it a miss-print on the cap.

Hiemal

Got any 10,000 MFD caps.
My dad is fixing a wire-welder and needs some. I,m not sure what voltage ill have to check.

also does MFD stand for Mega farad or is it a miss-print on the cap.

MFD stands for milli-farads.

AKA, 10,000 mFD is equal to roughly 10 farads total of capacitance.

Though sometimes cap manufacturers use it in place of micro farads...

IT can be confusing. You can usually tell what they mean by the size of the capacitor; I have some really small ones that are 50 mFD; no way are they 50 milli-farads.

They're more like 50 microfarads.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

MFD stands for milli-farads.

AKA, 10,000 mFD is equal to roughly 10 farads total of capacitance.

Though sometimes cap manufacturers use it in place of micro farads...

IT can be confusing. You can usually tell what they mean by the size of the capacitor; I have some really small ones that are 50 mFD; no way are they 50 milli-farads.

They're more like 50 microfarad.

See when i see UF i thing Micro When i see mFD I think Milli farads and MFD i would thing is MEGA farads :confused:

These things are the side of a soda can roughly

It is a silver caned Mallory Cap about the size of a soda can but a little thiner diameter. It is labled 10000 MFD 50VDC

Last edited by a moderator:

AUS

We just dumped a pile of 4-1000A tubes from an old AM transmitter at work we just replaced!

Get them if you can! Those are worth money if they work!