Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: EzFocus Adapters! Focusing Adapter For Kryton's and Others!

jayrob

It would be $15... (sanded finish)

But remember that this adapter is measured and designed to fit using my 405-G-1 glass lens mod...

It may sit in a different position with a different lens...

jayrob

On some of my other kits, like the Pocket Mini, 18650, and others, the EzFocus adapters are quite versatile using different lenses. Because you can move the module position inside the heatsink to adjust the position of the EzFocus adapter in relation to the front of your host at focus...

However, the Micro Chrome, as well as the SS 10440 builds, do not have the luxury of being able to move the module around much. Especially since the module must be glued to the sleeve using some thermal adhesive.

So with that in mind, I would say that I would need to take measurements on the completed build, in order to make sure that the EzFocus adapter will sit in the correct position with a different lens...

The other thing is, I did my measurements using a 'flush pressed' diode. If you press your diode past the flush point on a build that has no adjustment in module position. The EzFocus adapter will be out the front just a little more than if it was a flush pressed diode.

I have to make my measurements from a 'flush pressed' diode. Because there are many who press their diodes 'flush'. And they may not be able to get focus if I went off of a fully pressed in diode...

For the SS 10440, if you are not going to be using my 405-G-1 glass lens, and want a perfect fitting EzFocus adapter, I would recommend sending me your completed build so I can get it fit perfectly...

cmak

say... you think you could make one of these for FP's TANK007 build (with your 405G1 of course) cuz it's a great host for a 8X/12X (tripod, heatsinking, side-button... :drool:) but focusing without your EzFA would be fingertip torture :mad:
it's not in my sig yet but I do have plans for a C-IV 12X in that host in the relatively-near future :rolleyes:

peace & :thanks:
-cmak

jayrob

I would first suggest to ask him to make it, since it is his build, and he will be making it, and putting it together...

And then if he doesn't want to, then you could send the laser to me, and I could design an EzFocus adapter for it.

But I'm sure Flaminpyro is very capable of making a custom focus adapter for his Tank007 design...

id like to order a knurled finish for the poket mini kit!
again....can i send cash? i dont have paypal!!

cmak

great point, Jay

i'll go ahead and contact FP first

peace & thanks
-cmak

jayrob

Send me a private message... there have been a couple of slightly different Pocket Mini hosts, so I just want to make sure which one you have for the EzFocus adapter...

well im trying to get a few things straightend out but when i order the basic kit from you of the ss 10440 how much extra would it run me for me to send you the module with the diode in it and you glue it into the sleeve and messure it for the sanded ezfocus adaptor?
i know its complicated but like i said im tring to work a few things out first im just planning for the future......

jayrob

well im trying to get a few things straightend out but when i order the basic kit from you of the ss 10440 how much extra would it run me for me to send you the module with the diode in it and you glue it into the sleeve and messure it for the sanded ezfocus adaptor?
i know its complicated but like i said im tring to work a few things out first im just planning for the future......

Sorry but you must send me a working laser for me to measure your laser for fitting a custom EzFocus adapter...

If you send me your laser, for fitting a custom EzFocus adapter, it will be the same price as just buying an EzFocus adapter. Except I would charge a couple of dollars more for return shipping...

jayrob

Xtrm2Rick, I sent your Kryton Groove EzFocus adapters (knurled) today. (Monday)

Thanks!

well thats the thing i am eventualy going to order it and was planning on sending the module and diode set and heving it placed in and fitted but could i give you a few extra bucks if i send the diode driver assembly then you glue it into the sleeve and fit it for the adaptor? and maybe solder the drivers leads to the host

jayrob

Sorry, I don't build complete lasers for sale...

You would have to send me your working laser for a custom EzFocus adapter modification.

Don't take it personal. I get a lot of inquiries about this same thing, and I tell everybody the same thing. It's just a personal choice of mine is all...

Xtrm2Rick, I sent your Kryton Groove EzFocus adapters (knurled) today. (Monday)

Thanks!

Got them Jay, they fit perfect and look great and the best of all is that i dont burn my fingers anymore :wave:

thanks Jay!

jayrob

Glad you like them! :)

luca, I am sending your 18650 EzFocus adapter with your kit today. (Monday)

Thanks!

jayrob

zeigler, I am sending your Pocket Mini EzFocus adapter today. (Friday)

Thanks!