Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: DIY Green Kit! Host, Heatsink - Easy Assembly!

150mW @ clear night
843111067_5_m8F3.jpeg

843112531_5_TilS.jpeg

843113236_5_7FPu.jpeg

Jay I want to report about the waterproof properties of the host with the drilled out reflector. The rubber washer is to thin to prevent water from slowly leaking in but the one that comes with the 18650 host works perfectly. It prevented water from reaching inside even after being dumped in water. If anyone is to try this just so they can use it in the water, make sure its super tight and don't blame me for any damage. There is some loss in brightness of course and when the lens is dirty it distorts the dot by a lot but for underwater use or for outside when raining its really fun and you can't even tell.

Last edited:

jayrob

Good to know!

Thanks for posting back with that information... :cool:

Asherz

Hey Jay, I was just wandering where you get all your labels for your lasers from :)

Nice pics above ^^ as well :)

jayrob

I got the warning stickers from andy_con, who does not make them any longer. So the few that I have left, I am holding on to...

As far as the other labels (black with white lettering), I have a label printer, and just print them out.

It is a Brother model PT-1010

jayrob

Exerd, just to let you know, I am shipping your package today. Included are the DIY Green kits, 18650's, Pocket Mini, lenses, EzFocus, etc...

Hope your builds go well...

Thanks!

jayrob

No I do not...

But Exerd has an idea to try to fit those modules into a host that he has in mind, and I may be trying to machine and fit it for those type of modules. But it's a project of his. So I'm not sure what it will develop into. You may want to contact him to see what he has in mind...

In a case like that, where the idea and project is from somebody else, I wouldn't make my own kit with their host or anything...

I do have a laser that I bought from o-like with one of their larger IR filtered modules. I think it is a very nice host. It is an RPL look alike. They are cheap too! (IMO)

Now I'm not sure of the module quality. I mean, the beam on mine is really 'fat'. Not the really thin beam like on an RPL or a Nova, but it does have a lot of power output for the price...

jayrob

According to their stated dimensions, the module will fit right in, but I am not sure about the diffraction gratings in the kaleidoscope tips handling that power...

I doubt it will be putting out that power though! Hey if you try one of those modules, be sure to let us know what the output power is! :cool:

ZRTMWA

No I do not...

But Exerd has an idea to try to fit those modules into a host that he has in mind, and I may be trying to machine and fit it for those type of modules. But it's a project of his. So I'm not sure what it will develop into. You may want to contact him to see what he has in mind...

In a case like that, where the idea and project is from somebody else, I wouldn't make my own kit with their host or anything...

I do have a laser that I bought from o-like with one of their larger IR filtered modules. I think it is a very nice host. It is an RPL look alike. They are cheap too! (IMO)

Now I'm not sure of the module quality. I mean, the beam on mine is really 'fat'. Not the really thin beam like on an RPL or a Nova, but it does have a lot of power output for the price...

Well I suppose it doesn't matter much at this time... O-like looks completely different and no longer have the 700mw ones listed. Not even the 600 or 500 either. I was going to save up for it.

Hey Jay, I got your host today and I must say, the build quality and machining on the heatsinks is bloody superb!!

In it, I have an O-Like 50mW 532nm module (link) and it's super bright.

I've got a few photos, the first one is a pretty good beam shot, the second is a tunnel made with a fan and a mirror, and the third and fourth are product style shots to show the host in all its glory.

IMG_4999.JPG

IMG_5001.JPG

IMG_5027.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

I hope these pictures make other people want to buy your host!!

Last edited:

jayrob

Glad you like it!

Thanks for posting back with pictures...

Nice beam shots! :cool: