Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: CNI 40-45mW Custom 589nm Yellow

rhd

For sale is a CNI 589nm laser made custom for me several years back. Discussed in a thread elsewhere on LPF when purchased. Very little used notwithstanding that it's probably around 5 years old now. Still looks beautiful. The power tends to hover between 40 and 45mW (see video here for a ~1 minute LPMing). I stopped the test at the 1 minute mark, but you can see in the video that it falls to 35mw or so at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE1UUhrnQCI&feature=youtu.be

Photo from the original thread:
35345d1322530097-finally-arrived-high-power-cni-589nm-handheld-pic-heavy-589s1b.jpg

Photo today:
attachment.php

The case didn't come with it, but it's a decent fit, so you're welcome to the case too. Even though this is a relatively low power laser and doesn't burn, you should still purchase eye protection. It's your obligation to use this laser safely.

Not sure exactly what these are worth these days, but I saw another 589nm with roughly the same power (though not CNI) listed somewhat recently for $475, so I'll start there. $475, Lowered to $450 OBO, buyer pays shipping.

If you have more rep then me, then a regular Paypal payment is fine. Less rep, and it will have to be a friends/family Paypal payment or Bitcoin.

Attachments

• 20160925_174823.jpg
    20160925_174823.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:

Sta

Welcome back to the forum rhd, you've been away for far too long. Hope this sells quickly. :)

Pman

No kidding on the welcome back. I know things are different now but I hope you are not going to sell everything off.
In my book the 589nm being a CNI raises the value so hopefully someone will snatch this up. I like how you chose how someone must pay based off your own rep.

Not interested in the laser, but nice to see you posting again. Hope to see you here more often. ;)

Hey Rhd, how ya been?
I'm very interested in the laser. Could you elaborate on how the laser was custom made for you, is it different than another CNI laser?
Jefferson

rhd

Apparently one thing that has changed is that my email now filters topic reply notifications - I was starting to think there was just no activity on this thread!

Thanks all for the kind words.

Down: It was made custom to have no startup delay tailcap key lock or tailcap interlock plug that could break off or get lost.

Ohhhhhh yessss. Guess what came in the mail today. A VERY well packaged laser from Rhd. Shipment arrived early with good communication. + rep if I can.
The laser works great and this is my first experience with a CNI host. Feels solid.
Thanks!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Congrats on your new 589, DwU! :beer:
I hope you enjoy it, it's such a beautiful wavelength. I personally like those CNI PGL hosts, as you say, they do have a nice solid feel to them!