Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 90mW+ 405nm Blue-Violet Burning "BR"Laser $160

Skram0

Re: FS: 70mW+ 405nm Blue-Violet Burning "BR"Laser

Ryan said:
I know this diode is capable of lasing in red and IR too
This particular diode is not capable of IR or red. Only 405nm. There's only 3 leads on this diode. Positive, negative, & case ground which is not used. But it would be neat to have a multi coloured laser. :cool:

Ryan said:
Second feature (or 3rd Tongue) I always wanted my pointer to have an ajustable light output (mW). In my opinion a slider pot that would be limited within the (tested) range of the diode would be the perfect solution, but I would settle for anything (that is protected against blowing up the diode though) You might be able to fit the slider on the side or back end of the box.
That's an option I can do easily, without external help. ;)

Ryan

Ahh too bad, I had the PS3 Diodes here they had red and IR too (5 poles). Anyway, guess that would be a future project for me to try then  :cool:

Any idear what the adjustable output will do to the price? ::). I will have to think a bit and i'll let you know if I wan't one (H)

Skram0

Ryan said:
First of all, great product. Looks very solid. Could you (or anyone else) post a picture of the box in your hand please?
The pictures below are of the lower powered v3.0 which is why it doesn't look as bright as it should.
Once created, these v3.1's aren't here long enough to make some good pics. :eek:
As for pricing for power adjusting, I'd guess it'd be no more than the part it takes to do the task. But of course it takes extensive research for the best parts possible.

img02-4azziczpf.jpeg
img03-4azzigila.jpeg

img01-4azzi91qf.jpeg

See the little square in the far right of the 1st picture? That's where you can adjust the power output. Of course it's not easily accessible for fast action, but at least there's some sort of power adjustment.

Ryan

OK thanks for the feedback and the pictures, they show exactly what I wanted to know. I can imagine the adjusting it has now is not protected against overpowering the diode so I'd rather not mess with that.
'
I'll get back when I decided to buy one :D

vizp

Shram0, it's good to see that your v3.1 can have further increments in capabilities beyond the many, many features of the v3.0! :cool: However, my v3.0 is already such a gorgeous darling I want to have babies with it! ::)

I just tested my boxes output at 55mW, bit less than the 70mW and 80mW first assumed :-/

But I can't say I really care that much. It's still really bright, and when focused is able to burn white paper, which even a 200mW red has trouble doing :D

But I reckon you could bump these up to even MORE power without adversely affecting diode life. And with those new heatsinks in those pictures, I reckon these could get to 100mW no sweat :)

Skram0

Murudai said:
I just tested my boxes output at 55mW, bit less than the 70mW and 80mW first assumed :-/

But I can't say I really care that much. It's still really bright, and when focused is able to burn white paper, which even a 200mW red has trouble doing :D

But I reckon you could bump these up to even MORE power without adversely affecting diode life. And with those new heatsinks in those pictures, I reckon these could get to 100mW no sweat :)
How are you measuring the output? Seems a bit of a low reading. The power should increase while on. Try it when it's nice and warmed up. :)

I have sent you a PM Skram0, I hope you have more of those blu ray laser boxes.

I'm measuring it using a Laserbee 1000mW thermopile meter. It seems quite accurate with my output verified lasers, so with my other ones I can only assume it's in the right ballpark.

I stuck it on and left it there. It seems to rise up to 55mW quickly, then over time slowly build up to around 62mW and sit there steady.

Skram0

Murudai said:
I'm measuring it using a Laserbee 1000mW thermopile meter. It seems quite accurate with my output verified lasers, so with my other ones I can only assume it's in the right ballpark.

I stuck it on and left it there. It seems to rise up to 55mW quickly, then over time slowly build up to around 62mW and sit there steady.
Do you have a volt meter? If you're willing to poke around the inside you can find the mA draw by measuring across the blue resistor. The mV measured will be the mA draw. Be careful not to short anything out. I may have underpowered your unit as it was the 1st v3.1 built. :) You should be able to kick a few more mAs outa the box by turning the pot slightly clockwise. Remember not to go too high as the mAs increase with heat/use.

Cool, I got the prototype :)

Like I said before it doesn't really bother me much. It still works really well and is plenty bright. Since it's working fine, I think it's safer just to leave it how it is :)

PS: 777 posts and 7 rep. 7 is the lucky number of the day :D

Skram0

Murudai said:
PS: 777 posts and 7 rep. 7 is the lucky number of the day :D
Heh... Look again.... 778/8... [smiley=evil.gif]

btw, I changed the title & 1st post to reflect current power ratings.

Re: FS: 90mW+ 405nm Blue-Violet Burning "BR"Laser

Will all of the lasers you send out from now on be set to the higher current?

Skram0

jaws2002 said:
Will all of the lasers you send out from now on be set to the higher current?
Yes, they will all be set to the higher current. This model and previous models can set to any current. All you need is a volt meter and a tiny screwdriver. One little turn clockwise and instant current boost.

Skram0

Aww yea.. Lit me some fireworks at about 3 feet away in a couple of seconds.
The neighbors were wondering what the heck was going on... ::)
It's crazy lighting objects on fire with light. :cool:

I have been using this beast for about a month, and it really has got me hooked. I might actually order some more in the near future as gifts. Right now I have a flashlight style red and green on the way, but I have a feeling this is till going to be my favorite. I can't wait to get a 405 coated glass lens one this baby and push the current up to 120ma or more...