Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 60$ - Blue laser pocket mini 1w+

Snecho

I can tell you. I made one for myself in the same type of host just with an osram diode at 1400mw raw out (450nm) only difference is I added a small extension to the back to fit the whole diode module inside flush also I used a copper module and I made a custom focus ring for it here is mine:
IMG_20200415_143025.jpg
IMG_20200415_142911.jpg

IMG_20200415_142911.jpg

In terms of dimensions its 14mm on the extension piece and focus ring and 13 mm at the body length is 114.4mm in comparison the sanwu has an OD of 13mm and a length of 99mm so basically not much difference only an extra 15mm on the length mine puts out 600mw more than the sanwu with the same duty cycle, I will confirm the mw when I get my LPM.
That's really sick man! Is this pen host commonly available or is it custom made by Tung?

Giannis_TDM

That's really sick man! Is this pen host commonly available or is it custom made by Tung?
To be honest I don't know I got it with a few other things as a goodies box I'm going to bet though its a commonly available flashlight maybe someone can post buy links?

I'd prefer the Sharp 405nm diode, but I'd settle for the bdr if that was the one available; I've had better luck with Sharp. But look now you have two requests for these in violet! Come one brotato chip 😎

I'd prefer the Sharp 405nm diode, but I'd settle for the bdr if that was the one available; I've had better luck with Sharp. But look now you have two requests for these in violet! Come one brotato chip 😎
The bdr have extremely low divergence which makes it unique. The sharp has bad divergence so the only advantage is it being 405nm

The bdr have extremely low divergence which makes it unique. The sharp has bad divergence so the only advantage is it being 405nm
Well the bdr definitely has better divergence, but I disagree with saying the Sharp ones have bad divergence. When I still had a violet sharp diode, it's divergence was about half that of my 445nm M140 diode.

Snecho

I'm sure Tung would be more than happy to custom build a 405nm based on this design.

Send him a PM you guys! :)

Hi,
Thats a great host for a single mode diode I dont think a high power would do well without the proper heat sinking. I Ould extend the sink out further for more mass for heat dissipation . The diode will last a little longer. never the less a very nice EDC build.
Rich:)

Well I just bought my 405nm one 😁 he said it's 1.5 watts so I'm assuming it's the Sharp 405nm diode in it.

Definitely will mind the duty cycle! But I feel safer with anything vs. a BDR. I have the worst luck with those! I literally get anxious with 405nm lasers because how easily they've died on me but I just love that wavelength so much. I hope to one day buy one that has that one magic diode that just lasts & lasts 🤣

Definitely will mind the duty cycle! But I feel safer with anything vs. a BDR. I have the worst luck with those! I literally get anxious with 405nm lasers because how easily they've died on me but I just love that wavelength so much. I hope to one day buy one that has that one magic diode that just lasts & lasts 🤣
With this item , you will not worry about the diode will been died easily ;)

Last edited: