Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 405-G-1 Glass Lens Mod - 31% Increase vs AixiZ!

Thanks for the help! I don't know if I made it clear but I was able to screw the lens into the kryton however it wouldn't screw far in enough to get into focus. I'm guessing the problem is that it wasn't tapped all the way.

Anyway! Some comparison pics from AR coated lens and the G1 Just got my new LaserBee usb =D

c6445lpm.png

c6445wg1lenslpm.png

Last edited:

When I bought my new 2w 445 laser, it came with two lenses. One Aixiz and one G-1 lens. Can you tell me how to tell them apart? If you look at an object through the lens, one makes the object look a lot smaller. Would that be the G-1 lens?

jayrob

When I bought my new 2w 445 laser, it came with two lenses. One Aixiz and one G-1 lens. Can you tell me how to tell them apart? If you look at an object through the lens, one makes the object look a lot smaller. Would that be the G-1 lens?

If it was a G1 from me, then you will see that the lens nut has been inverted as shown in this picture:
Glass%20405nm7.jpg

JayRob, Are the g-1 lenses for the aixiz modules still available and in stock? I think im going to need one here in the near future and just wondering how the availability was on them. could be a few weeks before i even order one but wanna check ahead.
Thanks again

jayrob

JayRob, Are the g-1 lenses for the aixiz modules still available and in stock? I think im going to need one here in the near future and just wondering how the availability was on them. could be a few weeks before i even order one but wanna check ahead.
Thanks again

Yes I have them...

Just send me a PM for ordering! :beer:

I do want to mention that you can save a couple of bucks getting a G2 lens from DTR.

I want to mention the differences between the 405-G-1 vs the G2...

There is not really much of any difference in the lens optic itself, but there is a difference in the way the lenses are mounted...

The G2 is from a different supplier. Slightly different coating. But the exact same lens design. Same output potential as the 405-G-1.

The only real difference, is in the mounting of the lenses. I mount my lens assembly into a machined out AixiZ nut, and also enlarge the entry aperture to allow maximum light from the diode into the lens.

Glass%20405nm7.jpg

The G2 from DTR is a couple of bucks cheaper than my G1 assembly, but it is not mounted the same. His is basically just put into the bottom of the lens nut, and held in place with the tiny threaded retaining ring. So in other words, the retaining ring aperture, is not enlarged. (like I do with my modification)

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, i have been looking into both the g-1 and g-2 for a little over a month here and there, i was going to get the g-2 because it was slightly cheaper than the original g-1, they are very close to the same, in comparison from all the charts i have seen done by you can many others, but i like the work you do and think it will be a bit better for me, and it also does give you a couple extra mw compared to the g-2 maybe 1-2% more wich makes a little differance when running at 675mw and soon to be 1.5w i will just switch the lens from the different builds as i can not afford to get two of them yet.
As far as how the beam i focused i know the g-1 focuses a little different than the standard aixiz glass lenses, does the g-2 have the same faults when it is focused like the g-1 or is it more similar to the standard lenses? I still have my mind set on the g-1 but just curious. Also i could use a couple dust covers for the g-1 ill be ordering and also a couple other glass lenses i have. How much are they each, i would order them at the same time as the lens so you can combine the shipping prices.
Thanks again i will PM you when i can send the money.

jayrob

Thanks for the information, i have been looking into both the g-1 and g-2 for a little over a month here and there, i was going to get the g-2 because it was slightly cheaper than the original g-1, they are very close to the same, in comparison from all the charts i have seen done by you can many others, but i like the work you do and think it will be a bit better for me, and it also does give you a couple extra mw compared to the g-2 maybe 1-2% more wich makes a little differance when running at 675mw and soon to be 1.5w i will just switch the lens from the different builds as i can not afford to get two of them yet.
As far as how the beam i focused i know the g-1 focuses a little different than the standard aixiz glass lenses, does the g-2 have the same faults when it is focused like the g-1 or is it more similar to the standard lenses? I still have my mind set on the g-1 but just curious. Also i could use a couple dust covers for the g-1 ill be ordering and also a couple other glass lenses i have. How much are they each, i would order them at the same time as the lens so you can combine the shipping prices.
Thanks again i will PM you when i can send the money.

The G1 and G2 optics are basically the exact same. Same 'side splash', same power... (same exact lens design)

It is a lens design that is used by different manufactures.

My price is a little more, but I spend quite a bit of extra time in making the custom sleeve/spacer, and doing the machine work on the I.D of the lens nut and entry aperture as shown in that picture I posted above... ;)

The 650-G-1 on the other hand, is a completely different optic, and is best for red...

I do have a couple of silicone tail caps/dust covers that I may be able to spare.

Talk to you soon! :beer:

Last edited:
is it possible to email me a set parts list for the phaser blue laser including prices. i already have the phaser i just need to know where to go from here. thanks dan

jayrob

is it possible to email me a set parts list for the phaser blue laser including prices. i already have the phaser i just need to know where to go from here. thanks dan

Just PM me your email... :beer:

Got my G-1 lens SWEET :p . Now im just waiting for my 12x sled in the mail.
Thanks Jayrob

jayrob

I have one question Im getting back into the laser scene and I bought a 405 lens from you forever ago right after the 445nm diodes cam out. I looked at it and it has two lenses, one thick and one thin, in it and they are both separated by a spacer. It seams that the thicker lens goes in first. the spacer, and then the thinner lens. Im just trying to figure out what this lens is a g1, g2. If you can recall thank you much:wave:

Justin

Those are the $11 dollar (or less) multi-element lenses...

The G1/G2 lenses are a single element Aspheric lens.

The G1/G2 is the same lens by the way, but mounted differently is all...

My G1 assembly is a few bucks more because there is a lot more work involved in modification for my assembly. (but I think it is a better assmebled lens)

That said, G2 is the same power as the G1. (but yeah you have an AixiZ multi-element lens - usually there are 3 lenses stacked)

Last edited:
Got my G1 lens and it's a blast! The round spot is not only brighter, but larger and more concentrated all at once! This thicker beam also shoots way farther than before!

Hi Jay,
:paypal: id 7DR9210732081391B
1 - 405-G-1 glass lens fit for a 9mm - $55
1 - 650-G-1 glass lens - $52
1 - AixiZ 445 glass lens - $11
1 - Shipping to France - $18
:thanks:
boz
cheers :beer:

Hi
I have a great 445nm blue laser fully working @4W (thanks to TheJocker301 with the TerminatoR) but it really diverges too much and at even 15feet the fast axis is getting almost 15cm wide...

What lens setup would be the best to correct this and still be able to get burning at 30feet ? (Which a 4W one should be able to).

Also I don't inderstand much why a "long distance" lense is less powerful than a "burning" lens. If it's long distance then it diverges less isn't it ? If so, why shouldn't it still be able to burn at longer distance ?

I'm lost choosing beeteen G1, G2, have seen G9 somewhere or am
I wrong ? 3 elements and so on ...
Thanks a lot

DTR

Power density vs total power output are different. When energy is spread over a larger area it has lower power density and in this case lower power density means it will burn less.

On the lenses the G1/G2/G9/China G will all give pretty much about the same spot size where as the three element lens will give a smaller spot at any given distance. It actually does not improve divergence or at least it is a very small change as what it really does is cuts the edges of the multimode output off which is why it gives a more pleasant looking spot but also why it looses so much power. It gives the appearance of better divergence and a more appealing spot but actual power density(main factor for burning) has not increased or the increase is very small.

Anyway 445nm diodes were never really known as long distance burners and the new higher power 445's are no exception. Up close they are amazing but the divergence reduces the capability quickly the further you go. If you are looking for something that can burn at very long distances the higher power 405nm diodes do very well but there is a trade off as 405nm is not a very high visibility wavelength.