Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 355nm Q-switched UV laser

While this laser is definitely dangerous, most of my lasers are industrial or medical grade, they can not only blind you but also kill you with the electrical, so it's beyond me how you set the rules for who qualifies or not.

That, and another thing that bugs me, you got a nice laser but never bothered to post any video operating it. At least I take the time to present all my interesting toys on my youtube channel.

Good luck with your sale.

diachi

As much as I love rare lasers, I wouldn't want the risk... The price is great, but it's too dangerous of a laser -- and I have too many people in my house who may come and go. I considered PMing on it but thought better of it. I think the disclaimers and judgement are absolutely warranted. Hopefully it can go to someone who can give it the respect it deserves.

(Think about it. The last thing anyone needs is this thing shooting at a reflective/scattering surface, putting out kW pulses, -- your goggles fall off and you're scrambling around to find them while this thing is blasting away. Not a good scene.)

Really neat laser, but it has teeth....

(Now if someone was selling a working HeCd on the other hand...)

Liconix 4230N HeCd laser head , Helium Cadmium on eBay (end time 16-Mar-10 13:55:10 GMT)

;) ;)

Needs a PSU, Model 4230PS I think it is. 442nm though, not 325nm ... although at 325 they are pretty useless for us hobby folks, since you can't get a dye to lase at that power CW.

Wow, I would totally get that if I knew where to find the psu for it.

"Unless your electronics skills are quite sophisticated, it only makes sense to use the correct mating power supply. So, finding a HeCd laser head without power supply may not be such a great find. Substituting a power supply from another manufacturer would also be challenging because they may use different tube currents and incompatible schemes for He and Cd pressure regulation. Building a power supply from scratch is much more complex than for most other gas lasers. And, close isn't good enough because there is a rather narrow range of conditions for tube current, He pressure, and Cd pressure, where there will be any lasing at all. Using trial and to find the correct operating conditions may damage the tube beyond repair. I don't know of any practical way to determine operating parameters experimentally without fancy optical and electronic test instruments. Those sorts of details are not forthcoming from HeCd laser companies."

-sam's faq

hmm Diachi... Thanks for alerting me to that auction, actually a 442nm HeCd would be what I'm looking for, but -- it's got that "magic word" in the auction -- "AS-IS". I gotta admit, I've been burned far too many times from "As-Is" ebay auctions.

Damn. Free shipping, he shows the laser working.... it's just that "as-is" thing.. Basically if he packs it like trash, and it arrives broken its "too bad too sad".

Been down that road way too many times. :( Thinking about it though. I've pretty much decided after some not so happy experiences though to basically interpret "As-Is" on an ebay auction to mean "Hi, thanks for looking; this will arrive broken." Seems to me that pretty much everyone these days throws "As-Is" in to absolve themselves of any responsibility.

At this point i'd much rather buy from a LPF or PL member.

(..Sorry for the thread hijack but it looks like electrofreak may be buying digital_blue's laser anyways.)

Last edited: