Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS 250mW Red / 130mW Blu-Ray Burning Lasers

selling TO the US doesn't seem to be the problem, it's selling IN the us thats gets you......
and thats what i was told by dan hewett when i said i was shocked to hear from the FDA when chinese laser companies are shipping in 1000's of lasers every week

selling TO the US doesn't seem to be the problem, it's selling IN the us thats gets you......
and thats what i was told by dan hewett when i said i was shocked to hear from the FDA when chinese laser companies are shipping in 1000's of lasers every week

This is what I was wondering and I thought exporting lasers doesn't classify as being "sold."

quick question, that blue ray laser in the last video is set to 130Mw correct?

My concern is this: do blue diodes burn more easily than read LOCs of a similiar Mw... because i have a red LOC at 450Ma and it doesnt cut tape like that unless i focus it down to a pinpoint. and its all wired up corectly and measures a semi-steady 445-452Ma.

and since lasers all burn different due to color... lets just use electrical tape as a ground example. will a 130Mw blue ray diode burn better than a 450Ma red LOC?

now that i think about it i AM using a crappy acrylic lens... i been itchen for one of them nifty modded lenses, but i gotta wait a bit.

thank you in advance for the information!
~Dark

EDIT, just noticed the talk about the FDA or whatever... im having a friend send me an unassembled laser kit as he wants me to put it together for him... now i've shipped working lasers before that were well above 5mw and never ran into a problem, but i had also never seen anyone mention that you COULD get in trouble... would i be risking my friends laser by shipping it to him assembled and in host? "to USA from USA"

Last edited:
the tape was stretched so it cut really easily.

the fda is concerned with selling lasers and importing them in the us, its not illegal to have one.

D

Deleted member 8382

quick question, that blue ray laser in the last video is set to 130Mw correct?

My concern is this: do blue diodes burn more easily than read LOCs of a similiar Mw... because i have a red LOC at 450Ma and it doesnt cut tape like that unless i focus it down to a pinpoint. and its all wired up corectly and measures a semi-steady 445-452Ma.

and since lasers all burn different due to color... lets just use electrical tape as a ground example. will a 130Mw blue ray diode burn better than a 450Ma red LOC?

now that i think about it i AM using a crappy acrylic lens... i been itchen for one of them nifty modded lenses, but i gotta wait a bit.

thank you in advance for the information!
~Dark

EDIT, just noticed the talk about the FDA or whatever... im having a friend send me an unassembled laser kit as he wants me to put it together for him... now i've shipped working lasers before that were well above 5mw and never ran into a problem, but i had also never seen anyone mention that you COULD get in trouble... would i be risking my friends laser by shipping it to him assembled and in host? "to USA from USA"
It's illegal but customs won't look USA to USA packages, the problem iswhen you import them :p

poki

Howdy

Those items look great. Have you shipped to (within?) Europe? Is the lack of assembly a USA thing - and could I get an assembled blu-ray to Sweden?

many thanx!

just kidding bro you have the best kit price out there mine is pretty high i agree but if they don't sell i may get them for myself muh ha ha ha ha ok i'm better now lol

Last edited:
just kidding bro you have the best kit price out there mine is pretty high i agree but if they don't sell i may get them for myself muh ha ha ha ha ok i'm better now lol
BTW, i got some new toys in need of measuring... Got a job and working looooong days now but I find time :)

no problem adrian let me know when your coming by and i'll have the table set up again for some tests remember i can only go up ta about a 1000 mw lol

Hello,
I am new here. So has anyone learned what can and can not be purchased here in the USA? I am looking to build a 3 diode laser cutting head for my mill to cut spray on epoxy off of metal so I can acid etch the metal. just wondering what I would need to buy for this and where I would have to go to get them. I built the CNC mini mill I am planning on using so, if I need to build it up and just buy parts you can see I should have no problems. I work with metal all the time and make dies and tooling for custom work so making something to work on the items is not much of a problem either.

you can see some of my work here that I plan on adding acid etching as soon as I have an efficient way to control my acid resistant on the metal

www.borgsteamfactory.com/goggles.html

if you look around the site you will see I work with leather too and laser engraving would be a nice additive to it as well.

Sincerely,
The Architect!