Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 18650 Build Kit! Easy Assembly! 445nm, Blu-ray, or Red...

jayrob

Also, check out my new 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Modification! Awesome!

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-1000-lumen-xm-l-t6-maglite-modification-kit-parts-complete-flashlight-59581.html

Here's my 18650 (black) kit... (lots of options - read carefully)

Here's the host:
DealExtreme: $16.41 Aurora C6 Cree P4 LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A)

This host is slim and very nice, but uses an 18650 supply for a huge capacity! :)

It is also a very easy build! It is designed for using a FlexDrive mounted flat on the top of the pill with double sided tape...

The host has a nice smooth barrel at the head for your warning label too! :cool:

Proper eye protection needed: Just a warning. (In case you may be a beginner) Read up on proper eye protection...

AixiZ module: You will not use the back 'barrel' part of the AixiZ module. All that is needed with any decent heatsink, is the front 'business end' of the module.

Note: I do not sell complete lasers. My kits do not include laser diodes or laser modules. You must buy your own laser diode and/or green laser module to complete the assembly. (Most kits have a 'Hot' option for the driver installed and current set, which is most of the work)

For a 445 build, you can get your diode pre-installed into an AixiZ module with lead wires soldered on from daguin or DTR.

In that case, you will just connect your diode leads, to my driver leads... ('Hot' option kit)

Copper heatsink option available for this build! ($12 dollar upgrade option)

18650%209.jpg

I only offer copper heatsinks for some of my kits. My black 18650 kit is one of them!

Press fit heatsink design option:

For a $9 dollar upgrade charge, I can make the heatsinks threaded for AixiZ threads, and have a press fit design for the diode. (copper or aluminum)

18650%2012.jpg

I will still offer both styles, because the normal design (for using an AixiZ module), still may be desirable. Especially if you will be using an EzFocus adapter. Being able to move the module position aids in getting the perfect position of the EzFocus adapter in relation the the host. This allows the use of different lenses using the EzFocus adapter. (being able to adjust module position)

445nm build with EzFocus adapter and an AixiZ 445 glass lens:

If your planning on using an AixiZ 445 glass lens with an EzFocus adapter, then my recommendation is to pay an extra $10 option for me to use a little longer heatsink and drill out the top of the pill! :)

That way the driver can be mounted inside of the pill instead of on top of the pill...

And I will also make the heatsink a little longer as well.

Then there would be room to slide the module into the heatsink farther to adjust the current EzFocus design to fit just fine if your using the AixiZ 445 glass lens! (which sticks out farther than other lenses) :cool:

But you must make sure your AixiZ 445 lens has the full length threads so that you can thread the EzFocus adapter onto the lens...

Also:

If you wanted to build three lasers in the same host (red, blu-ray, green), this one will work for you! :) (3 matching hosts, not 3 in 1) I can set it up with a heatsink for the green module, drill the pill and put a set screw for a contact point, and make a custom front piece just like I do with my DIY Green kit. (same price - $75) In that case, it would be just like my DIY Green kit shown here: (but using this 18650 host instead)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-diy-green-kit-host-heatsink-easy-assembly-22520.html

This first post is also a tutorial for the blu-ray/red assembly. Here are the pictures...

18650%201.jpg

18650%202.jpg

18650%203.jpg

18650%204.jpg

'Hot' option:

Note: For a V5 FlexDrive 'Maxed Hot option, see the bottom of this first post...

18650%2013.jpg

You could fit a FlexDrive inside the pill, but then you would have to let me know you would like me to drill out the top of the pill and leave the heatsink a little longer. ($10 dollars extra) But there is room for the driver on top of the pill...

445 Build:

This host can fit a larger heatsink if desired, by drilling out the top of the pill and mounting the driver inside the pill like with my Pocket Mini kits. Then the heatsink can be longer yet.

In the original design, I just didn't think it was really necessary to have the heatsink larger.

18650%2014.jpg

But if your planning on a 445 build with an AixiZ 445 glass lens, then you may decied to choose this option...

Because since the lens sticks out farther than other lenses, you can have room inside to position your module farther back into the heatsink to get your focus ring near flush with the heatsink for a better look. (and especially if you plan on using my EzFocus adapter)

Let me know when you order, and I can set it up that way for an extra $10 bucks... (but it will not have the press fit design option in this case)

Note: You obviously will not be choosing this option if you are going with the V5 FlexDrive 'Maxed Hot option' shown below...

If your planning on a 445 build and using an AixiZ 405 glass lens, see here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-445-custom-focus-knob-aixiz-glass-lenses-51727.html

18650%205.jpg

18650%206.jpg

Here's the host: DealExtreme: $16.41 Aurora C6 Cree P4 LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A)

A knurled EzFocus Adapter is also available for this 18650 kit!: ($24)

18650%207.jpg

18650%208.jpg

If your ordering an EzFocus adapter, let me know what lens you will be using. Because I can custom thread it deeper to fit the AixiZ 445 lens. See here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...ezfocus-adapter-aixiz-glass-lenses-51727.html

This host could also fit a full length AixiZ module for a rkcstr/red build using 2 X RCR123 batteries if the top of the pill is drilled out. (like with my Pocket Mini kit)

There would be about 1/8" of room between the end of the full length AixiZ module, and the round circuit board at the bottom of the pill.

And you could just make a plastic sleeve from a Pepsi bottle to use in the barrel to keep the batteries from rattling...

* 18650 basic kit - $43 plus shipping. This is includes the host and the heatsink. (you will need a 1.5mm Allen wrench for the set screw)

Then you can add these options if desired:

* 18650 Copper heatsink upgrade - $12
* 'Hot' option - $58 (FlexDrive thermal glued)
* EzFocus adapter - $24
* AixiZ module - $5
* Press fit heatsink design option - $9
* 405-G-1 glass lens mod - $55 31% increase for blu-ray vs AixiZ acrylic! (new) See link in signature!
* 650-G-1 glass lens mod for red! (fit for AixiZ) - $52 25% increase for red vs AixiZ acrylic! (new) Shown here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...modification-fit-aixiz-25-increase-46332.html
* AixiZ 445 glass lens with Custom Focus knob - $25 (see here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-445-custom-focus-knob-aixiz-glass-lenses-51727.html )
* Shipping will be based on PayPal fees plus postage. (send PM for total)
* Please read my shipping policy here!

Thanks for looking! :)

445 Lens options:

The 405-G-1 is the most power, but the AixiZ 445 lens has a better looking dot for this multimode 445 diode at 15% or 20% less power. See lens comparisons for 445 here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/445nm-a130-lens-comparisons-51456.html

Assembly tip:

This host will fit a FlexDrive or a Micro BoostDrive on top of the pill...

But if you wanted to mount the driver inside the pill, I would drill out the top of the pill, and leave the heatsink a little longer for an extra $10 bucks. (recommended)

When mounting the driver on top of the pill, there is room. But you may need to clip the long pins on a 445 diode in half. And also bend the wires over after you heat shrink them. (bend wires, not pins)

V5 FlexDrive 'Maxed Hot option':

Note: I would recommend spending the extra money on an AW battery. Especially for this current setting:
AW 18650 Protected 2900 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery

Many are using the V5 FlexDrive to get 1.5 Amps for their 445 build. The driver needs to be heatsinked for this highest current setting.

I have adjusted the design with this particular kit, to mount and heatsink the V5 FlexDrive directly to the top of the modified pill if you want this option. (the pill gets machined flat, instead of getting drilled out)

This turns the entire host, into the driver heatsink. And works very well...

18650%2016.jpg

18650%2017.jpg

18650%2018.jpg

18650%2019.jpg

18650%2020.jpg

I'll set it up like this for an extra $15 bucks if you want... :)

However, the driver documentation does not mention this current setting for a 4 + volt diode, so it will be at your own risk.

That said, the driver seems to be stable at this setting if heatsinked properly...

Last edited:

Re: FS: 18650 Build Kit! Easy Assembly! Blu-ray or Red...

Looks good!

You gonna keep these stocked for a while?

Gata

Jay, this is too much ;)

I may have to get one of these, got a ton of PHR's that need homes.

Hmm - This is new. I like the size more than the other pocket mini. Hmm - I think ill get both.

haha - pay day!

jayrob

Gata, tommii89, Good deal! Just let me know...

Glutton, I have three for now, and if I think they will be a hit, then I'll order some up! :)

Last edited:

These look like they will be good for 8x 405nm. I'll go for one, possibly two, later on.

jayrob

Sounds like I may be ordering a few more of these hosts! :)

Hey you may want a Pocket 'Mini me' as well... :crackup: (couldn't help that)

Last edited:

Awsome man! now we can run our 8x's like there no tommarow!!!

I'll buy one soon.

Tyler - Dark Lasers

jayrob

Just let me know! :)

You have tried just about every other kit I have, why not this one! :D

jayrob

Glutton, I sent your 18650 host/heatsink combo kit (and other items) today. (Wednesday)

Let me know how you like it! :)

Glutton, I sent your 18650 host/heatsink combo kit (and other items) today. (Wednesday)

Let me know how you like it! :)

Hey,

I got it a few days ago but I just go to chance to work with it!

Very nice kit Jay! the massive heatsink will provide very nice heat dissipation.
This will either be a GGW or LPC untill the 12x comes out...
I'm headed to the post office to get my diodes for the 3 builds you helped me with, I will let you know how it goes.

Also, good job with my other items, they fit nicely;)

jayrob

Good to hear man... Thanks for posting back! :)

Jay,

Would this heatsink/host work for the modules that Daguin is selling?
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-modules-modules-more-44008.html

Also, are you still selling the Kryton groove kit? Or maybe would that work with these modules as well is the more appropriate question. It is in a recent post that links to here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-kryton-groovy-green-kit-while-they-last-22599.html

Any help would be appreciated. I have a few modules on the way and I am trying to feel out my options.

Thanks

ZheolD

Everyone of Jays awesome Kits Can be used with Daguin modules

jayrob

This 18650 host will not fit a full length AixiZ module. It is designed for a single battery supply (18560), and thus needs a FlexDrive...

For the nice modules that Dave has, you can use my 3405 host/heatsink combo shown here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-mxdl-host-heatsink-combo-4171-3405-a-22512.html

Then you would use 3 X 10440 rechargeable batteries as your supply. That host will fit a full length AixiZ module with either version heatsink shown in the pictures...

About the Kryton green mod. If you can find a Kryton barrel, or if you get in on the new GB that Kenom will have, I can still modify the Kryton barrels for a green module with a heatsink as shown in that thread... :)

jayrob

pyrotech, I am sending your 18650 host/heatsink combo today. (Friday)

Please post back and let me know what you think of this new host! :)