Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS (15mw) blue-ray pen style lasers *DONE*

Re: FS blue-ray pen style lasers *One still for sa

One of my buyers has received his blue ray but is still waiting for batteries, here is a simple way to get it running, as long as you can solder...

Find a bit of garden cane that will pass into the barrel (not too lose a fit), follow the drawings, connect the wire to the positive of a 9v battery, connect a wire from the neg contact of the battery and touch that on the case....

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE POLARITY RIGHT!

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• wot_no_batteries.jpg
    wot_no_batteries.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 68

Thanks Greg  ;)

There is still one of these up for grabs.... a Uk buyer with a paypal account, a garden cane and a soldering iron could be making things glow by the weekend if they are quick  ::)

Regards rog8811

I do not understand the diagram at all. I'm also in the same situation, mine arrived today but I am still waiting on batteries from DX.
Is the thing that the wire drops into with the woodscrew on the end the actual laser pointer?
What is a garden cane?
Thanks

I do not understand the diagram at all. I'm also in the same situation, mine arrived today but I am still waiting on batteries from DX.

Is the thing that the wire drops into with the woodscrew on the end the actual laser pointer?
You pass the wire through the garden cane and the screw takes the place of the positive contact of the battery, unscrew the end cap from the pointer and push the cane down the tube, the screw will touch the + contact of the module. So connect the wire to the + terminal of the battery

What is a garden cane?
Hollow bamboo cane, used to hold plants up

I have done another picture I hope it makes things clear.. ;)

And that makes delivery in less than a week :)

Regards rog8811
Thanks

Attachments

• dummy_batteries01.jpg
    dummy_batteries01.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 73

I'll just love the detail in your pictures Rog! :cool:

AND your blu-ray pen! :D

Re: FS blue-ray pen style lasers *last one on Ebay

The last one gets listed on ebay tonight....

Blue-ray Laser - pointer style - 270237717944

99p start price UK delivery only.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• beam02.jpg
    beam02.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 76

i am eyeing this up :D

you should get more than you have been selling them on here.

you should get more than you have been selling them on here.

It would be nice to think so :) ....as long as it doesn't end up going to someones brother in law in Nigeria.... ;)

Regards rog8811

Or prince bilagibar from morocco .

Are you allowed to sell class 3b lasers on ebay? I thought they would take them down

Are you allowed to sell class 3b lasers on ebay? I thought they would take them down
It is very carefully worded as a "laser module" mounted in......, modules are allowed and this has got a module.

An aside on this listing, a number of US members have been asking me for international postage....
The only reason I have refused is that I am at the busiest time of the teaching season, I get to work before the PO opens and I get home after it closes and for the next 3 weeks I am working on Saturdays.... I can do recorded delivery to the UK from work I cannot do international due to the customs paperwork, sorry.

Regards rog8811

To all buyers of these lasers, the one in the batch that I said I was not happy with selling has been tested by a well respected member here and I am pleased to report that your Blue rays are almost certainly >15mw.......

I hope they live long and give you much glowy pleasure.

Regards rog8811

Skram0

rog8811 said:
It is very carefully worded as a "laser module" mounted in......, modules are allowed and this has got a module.
Hand held class 3b lasers are not allowed on eBay. I think on only special conditions, like if you're licensed to sell them or perhaps they are fda licensed. I tried to sell a 15mW "module" on eBay myself. I was able to sell 2 from BINs. Since they went quick, I believe eBay didn't have a chance to catch up to them. But the 3rd was removed due to a "hazardous item". I did not have the word "pointer" anywhere in my listing. It was advertised as a "module" too (even looked like one ;) ). eBay stated in a response that all hand held lasers above 5mW are not allowed. So a "pointer" & "module" are both considered hand held lasers.