Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS 15mW 450nm single-mode PRICE DROP (sold)

DJNY

Re: FS 15mW 450nm single-mode

Still this sale is on a full professional assembled laser in a very solid host. Not a cheap newish pen :beer:

You may want to just hold on to it... 450nm diodes fell in price:undecided:

DJNY

I wonder why this laser hasn´t sold yet? :thinking:

C´mon folks! I´m sure you need something like this to expand your rainbow!

Or just a nice blue laser with a good beam profile for indoor beaming - but still take care of humans, animals and high reflecting objects (mirror)

Yea, these single mode 450nm diodes is more blue than 445nm.

150$ is very good deal. :beer:

Re: FS 15mW 450nm single-mode PRICE DROP

Well, too bad im moving. I had to part with my favorite super beast look alike.. it was the best and stable >100mW green i had ):

Re: FS 15mW 450nm single-mode PRICE DROP

If this is what Phi says it is (waiting for verification from him), and is the true 450/singlemode, i'm claiming this one.

Not doubting Phi, I just didn't know these were widely available yet and want to make sure i'm doing my homework here.
This is definitely the Osram diode? Or something else...

Phi: Besides the beam specs are you seeing *any* color difference from 445?

I just want to be absolutely certain this is NOT a "turned down" 445... I don't mind low power lasers at all, this just seems low even for the Osrams; (but isn't it below the lasing threshold of one of the projector 445s?)

You don't have access to a spectrometer, or , could you do a diffraction grating shot in comparison with 445, Phi?

Last edited:

Yea, these single mode 450nm diodes is more blue than 445nm.

150$ is very good deal. :beer:

I have to argue here. In this range, there is pretty much zero noticeable difference in color between 445 and 450.

Heck, even comparing 440 and 450, there is only a 'very' faint difference.. and that's only in the beams.. which you won't really see at this power anyway without loads of fog. The dots look pretty much identical but 440 beam is 'very slightly' more purplish than 450. (and yes, I have a spectrometer, and yes, I have done side by side comparisons of 445 diodes that measured 440nm, and one that measured 450nm at the same time.) in this color range, you really need to get up to about 15nm of separation to notice a distinct difference in color.

My opinion is the only selling point here are the better beam specs.. The difference in color against 445 is going to be fairly moot, and I bet if you took a 445, ran it through an aperture to cut the edges off and yield a round dot, then dialed the power back on it to 15mW and did some blind comparisons with people to see if they could tell which was which.. I bet you anything they couldn't.

Last edited: