Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS >150mw Red laser (Kentorch) Dorcy Jr.

Kenom

Up for sale again is another batch of My Kentorch Dorcy Jr.'s Each of the lasers is rated above 150mw guaranteed. On average my lasers now are rating at about 180mw. (I'm convinced the original diode greg had weren't as good as what he's selling now) Each laser is regulated to be at about 300ma. comes with a laser warning sticker attached and a dust cap for the end to prevent dust accumulating on the aperature and lens. Also comes with the Heatsink/spacer that my dorcy Jr's are known for.

dsc00300au5ji5.jpg

dot1io7.jpg

beamshot without smoke
beamtb4.jpg

beamshot with a little smoke
beam1pw8.jpg

Askin Price is $130 shipped IN the U.S.
additional $10 outside U.S.

Check out some of the vids of the Kentorch burning in the multimedia forum.. Amazing how fast Ken's lasers cut through electrical tape and even a dollar bill. That was enough to convince me.. Ordered mine earlier this week.

Kenom

It is adjustable for burning at longer distances.  I've popped a balloon at 25ft.  Individual results will vary as focus is an intregal part of being able to do anything at long distances.  You have to get focus just right, clean lenses, and stability. since these have heatsinks in the head of the laser they are more capable of staying on for extended periods of time so you can focus, walk up close to examine the dot, then readjust if necessary.

Kenom

these really aren't "available" as in premade and ready to ship this instant.  I put these together when I sell one and ship it out at that point.  Turn around time is on average 1 day - 1 week.  Depending on if I have the parts in stock.  I rarely have to wait.  So if your interested in one.  Order away!  I'll lovingly craft one for you and ship it out!!!

If your looking for one that will ship "today" you can check out this thread
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1194867130

Switch

Ok, I saw something interesting here: what is that line across the dot in the second pic? Do all red diodes do that? Cause mine does it aswell, and it's not the lens, it's the diode.

Things

Once you run the diode at these powers, that line is normal. It in no way affects burning, or anything for that matter. I think its just the lasing cavity lasing abit to the sides. Nothing to worry about

I just got mine and it is GREAT!!!! Can focus it well and have the time to do it. Thank you kenom.

ngiapy

may i ask how long do they last? cuz i read about some diy lasers not lasting long before the diode spoils..

Kenom

I've not had any of my lasers come back to me from natural death on the diode. soo there's really no way to know how long these are going to last until I see some of these die.