Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: ~100mw 405nm Build - SPF

rockz

Here's a complete laser, minus the host! It started out as a new build, but I couldn't find a host to put it in. Put it into a host, and you have a perfectly working blu-ray laser!

The diode is a PHR-803T drived at 125ma inside an aixiz housing. It is driven with a hand soldered LM317 driver (with the diode and capacitor for longevity). The module is inside an aluminum heatsink with a setscrew on it.I didn't push the diode all the way into the housing, so it cannot focus to a point at infinity, it will focus to a point closer up though.

$20 shipped takes it!

2ekj48h.jpg

Thanks for looking, don't hesitate to PM me with any questions!

Last edited:

Re: FS: ~100mw 405nm Build - $20

Here's a complete laser, minus the host! It started out as a new build, but I couldn't find a host to put it in. Put it into a host, and you have a perfectly working blu-ray laser!

The diode is a PHR-803T drived at 125ma inside an aixiz housing. It is driven with a hand soldered LM317 driver (with the diode and capacitor for longevity). The module is inside an aluminum heatsink with a setscrew on it.I didn't push the diode all the way into the housing, so it cannot focus to a point at infinity, it will focus to a point closer up though.

$20 shipped takes it!

2ekj48h.jpg

Thanks for looking, don't hesitate to PM me with any questions!

:crackup: This is the funniest build I've seen in a while.

Stick it into a cheap host or even an altoid box and I'm sure someone will grab it...

D

Deleted member 22482

That driver board looks like a biscuit.

Very nice :D

Also 20$ is very Good, Are you sure want to give your Build for just 20$?
Is not worth (For you)

:beer:

Interesting looking gadget! Does it work? I'll take it for $20 if I see a picture of it running.

Pretty nifty little build. did you make the heatsink? any info on dimensions?

rockz

Interesting looking gadget! Does it work? I'll take it for $20 if I see a picture of it running.

Yes it does work, I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

Pretty nifty little build. did you make the heatsink? any info on dimensions?

I bought the heat-sink off here quite a while ago. All I know is that the diameter is 1 inch and the length is about 1.5 inches, its drilled for an aixiz housing and has a tapped set screw.