Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS : 1.4W green 525nm, blue 450nm, and some my builds!

Hi Shake,
Yes you are correct the NUGM03 525nm diode is a G Ball lens diode, no focusing possible.You can also take the G Ball lens off and use a G2or similar lens to focus the beam. That will make it an open can diode and yes precaution should be take about particles and dirt getting on the emitters or Poof goes the diode.
As Tung stated he uses the G2 and 3E lenses in two of the build, therefor they are de canned diodes with the G Ball lens taken off.

Rich:)
Thanks for your explain!

Thanks Rich, I kinda figured that was the case. I'm not opposed to the practice, was just curious.

Thanhtung, is it possible to turn the current on the driver down to 1.8A?
Yep, you can turn the current on the driver down to 1.8A :D

Hi Tung,
I might be interested by the pocket green or pocket blue.
Do you measure power output with the 3E lens?
does the blue have 3E lens as well?

and might be a newbie question here, but how does those diode support that power in such a small host?
Yes, like smar GSS said, it is heatsink by small brass inside it, and running with a short duty cycle, I usually run 15s and off 15s
And The blue has 3E lens, power output with 3E blue 1.4w down to about 1w+

Hi Shake
It is possible to run that diode at 1.8A will give you over 1W easy.
I have them in stock and use them in my builds. The G Ball lens divergence isn’t that bad in my opinion.

Rich:)

Yes yoonie, as GSS said, the trade off for having a small host is short duty cycles and frequently recharged batteries. There was a thread on here a long while back where someone made a 3W laser into a host the size of a zippo lighter, using a button cell battery. The Lasers power is determined by the diode and driver, host size is irrelevant. But if you dont want the laser to overheat in a matter of seconds and want the battery to last more than 5 or 10 minutes you'll want something with bigger batteries and a bigger heatsink, I personally like copper heatsinks for lasers over 1W, and especially for over 3W. 10440 batteries are I believe, the size of a AAA

Tung, can you turn the current to 1.8A instead of 2A? Is it easy to do? If it's not too much trouble and you can do it, let me know, and let me know the power output at 1.8A. Do that and I'll buy it

Yes yoonie, as GSS said, the trade off for having a small host is short duty cycles and frequently recharged batteries. There was a thread on here a long while back where someone made a 3W laser into a host the size of a zippo lighter, using a button cell battery. The Lasers power is determined by the diode and driver, host size is irrelevant. But if you dont want the laser to overheat in a matter of seconds and want the battery to last more than 5 or 10 minutes you'll want something with bigger batteries and a bigger heatsink, I personally like copper heatsinks for lasers over 1W, and especially for over 3W. 10440 batteries are I believe, the size of a AAA

Tung, can you turn the current to 1.8A instead of 2A? Is it easy to do? If it's not too much trouble and you can do it, let me know, and let me know the power output at 1.8A. Do that and I'll buy it
Yes, i agree with GSS , and i can turn the current down to 1.8A easily! Pm sent!

Happy to see that bad-boy 525 likely finding a happy home. I enjoyed this thread - especially the folks jumping in to help things along. Teamwork, baby.

@thanhtung - was the host for the 700mw "super-mini" green fabricated by you/your friend, or is that commercially available on-line somewhere? I might want to try one out for a personal build.

Great stuff, man!

Happy to see that bad-boy 525 likely finding a happy home. I enjoyed this thread - especially the folks jumping in to help things along. Teamwork, baby.

@thanhtung - was the host for the 700mw "super-mini" green fabricated by you/your friend, or is that commercially available on-line somewhere? I might want to try one out for a personal build.

Great stuff, man!
Thanks! this the host super mini which i bought from a long time on here on Aliexpress but this product is out stock! you can find it some source other web eg at here amazon
Or cheaper at KD here

Last edited:

Sherako

How many amps for that 1.5W 525 peak? 😨 I know NDG7475 at max recommended 2.4a is around 1450mw with g-2 lens

Sherako

I set at 2A, sometimes at 2.2A :)
wow that is efficient compared to the ndg7475, tried to find a spec sheet for the nugm03t but can only find one for the bank with 8 diodes in it

Last edited: