Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS : 1.4W green 525nm, blue 450nm, and some my builds!

your prices are crazy
===+rep for making quality super lasers at lowest prices EVER!!

BUMP

Giannis_TDM

I wasn't insulting you or your laser building skills. I have seen many of your posts and I can say with confidence that your work is very impressive, but there really is no question that your LPM is not accurate. Whether that is because the sensor is made for 20W lasers or its not coated for 520nm lasers, I don't know. What I do know is the NUGM03 diode you use will not output 1.5W with a G2 lens. You can clearly see in DTR's tests that the diode cuts off at about 1.3W and that is with a current of 2.5A using the stock lens compared to the your 2-2.2A using the G2 lens. This laser is still very powerful and very bright and I'm sure the majority of your customers would be satisfied with it, but it is not 1.4-1.5W like you say. Is it really that big of a deal? That will vary from person to person, but for me a green laser having 400-500mw more power is a big deal since it would make big difference in brightness. You should look into the NDG7475 diode which really can output 1.4W; then I would be very interested.
You know what's funny? Now your point is wrong! A new 1.5w version of the NUGM03s has just come out!