Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS:  Matched Sets --SOLD--

Re: FS:  Matched Sets Burning Blu AND Burning Red

I'm happy I got my answers right :). I'm slowly learning ;D. I was just looking around the forum and an idea popped into my head. Maybe, until my soldering skills get better, I can use some electrical conducting glue or silicone to attach the diode to the driver (I know that you probably wouldn't reccomend it) and if it works I'll keep it like that because I really don't want to risk frying the diode. I'll solder all the other connections just not the diode to the driver. It really can't hurt to do because if it doesn't work I can always clean off the glue/silicone and solder it. The only doubt in my mind about using something other than solder is that the diode won't get the full 125mA (if it doesn't lose more than 10mA then its fine with me). I like all this help because it sounds so easy already and once I "see" everything it'll probably be easier and everything will run like clockwork (Knock on wood) and i'll be a very proud owner of a Blu-Ray made by me!

Thanks alot!

EDIT: I've been doing some reading and I guess that Silver Epoxy works better than regular solder (No heat applied and can be used in the smallest of places).

daguin

Re: FS:  Matched Set Burning Blu AND Burning

Only one set left: The Big Burners

170mW of blu-ray and 250mW of red; with batteries and a carrying/storage case only $350, shipped in the US

Peace,
dave

Re: FS:  Matched Set 170mW Blu AND 250mW Red

I'm trying to get myself to buy these Dave. My budget this year didn't include this new hobby of mine and its taken its toll a little over the past month.

daguin

Aaron636r said:
I'm trying to get myself to buy these Dave. My budget this year didn't include this new hobby of mine and its taken its toll a little over the past month.

Well then, let me tempt you a little bit more . . . . [smiley=evil.gif]

Since you can just come buy to pick these lasers up, we can reduce the price by the amount of shipping cost and the PayPal fees. That make the set just $330 to you . . . :eek:

but wait, there's more . . . .

You can pick up the green labby you wanted to borrow while you are here as well . . . . . :cool:

But wait, there's more . . . . . .

You are also welcomed to some more of the blue LED diodes I have, for [highlight]FREE[/highlight]! :cool: I have found NO other use for them myself, besides making throwies. I don't need a thousand throwies ::) I think that I will probably end up offering these LED's for cheap on one of the other forums, like Candle Power Forum.

If you need me to hold them for a bit, you know I am willing to do that as well.

Peace,
dave

Not very nice Dave! I don't think anyone will ever match your generosity.

I sell Automotive HID kits for a small side business. I just spent 2k for more inventory. i need to recoup some of that before I throw more at this hobby.

Your offer is greatly appreciated!

daguin

BUMP

[highlight]Only one set left . . . . (more pictures in the first post)[/highlight]

set4.jpg

SET THREE: This third set is for the really power hungry among you. It is built for the person who wants POWER and understands duty cycles. If you want to use your lasers as a flashlight, this is NOT for you. If you want to have awesome burning ability and know how to let your laser cool between burns, then this will satisfy your hunger. This set consists of a 170mW Blu-ray and a 250mW red! The blu-ray has the 803T diode being driven at 190mA. I have three others that have been running at this power and one that is working at 200mA (185mW). It has an AixiZ acrylic lens. The red has a long open can diode that was harvested from a Pioneer 115 being driven at 420mA. It has an Aixiz glass lens. This third set is being offered at $350, shipped in the US.

Jayrob suggested I split these up for sale. I think that part of their value is in them being a matched set. It is certainly less expensive, each, to ship and pay the fees for two. However, I am willing to split them up. Splitting them doubles the shipping and the PayPal fees. You also lose the case. If sold separately, the 170mW blu-ray will be $250. The 250mW red will be $150. Both prices are shipped in the continental US.

If you buy the "set" the original price and included case remain.

As always, I will consider partial (or total) trades and realistic offers.

Peace,
dave

daguin

Thank you for all of your inquiries. All of the sets have now sold.

Peace,
dave