Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS:  Matched Sets --SOLD--

daguin

[highlight]Thank you for your interest. All of the sets have now sold.[/highlight]

This project started out as something different. They are still different, just not the way I originally planned. The idea was inspired by Kenom and another member's (I'm so sorry. I can't remember who you are) "dual head" lasers. The plan was that these would have interchangeable laser heads on one host battery tube. The heads ARE interchangeable, but we've discovered something about the PHR-803T diodes. At the higher powers that I drive them at, they need more voltage. I had planned on powering both heads with two 10440's in a 3 @ AAA carriage. Unfortunately, when the 803T diode goes over 140mW, it needs more voltage than that with the Rkcstr driver. So instead of interchangeable heads, they are now matched sets.

I drive my blu-rays higher than most. I make sure that they are well heat sinked. I also test them by burning them several times a day for 1-2 minutes, for at least a week before I'm willing to sell them. If a diode is week, it doesn't make it for sale. All of the output powers measured on the blu-rays are with the AixiZ acrylic lens. Imagine what they will be like with the IgorT lens

So, offered for sale, three matched set lasers (and one lonely blu-ray). These units are all in identical hosts. All of these units use the Rkcstr driver. The power that they are set at vary for the sets and whether the laser is a red or a blu-ray. The blu-rays are powered by three 10440s. The reds are powered by two 10440's. The empty "slot" in the red's battery carriage is filled with a cut off bolt. The batteries are "extended" with a rare earth magnet. In case you were unaware, 10440's do not have the raised "nub" on the positive end. They have a massive heat sinks, custom made by Jayrob. These units come with a clicky tail cap. The lasers come with a "clicky cover" dust cap to protect the lens. The matched sets come in a carrying/storage case.

They do NOT come with a battery charger. These are easily available in the community and at DX.

I have three matched sets up for sale.

[highlight]** SET ONE IS SOLD ** [/highlight]SET ONE: This set consists of a 140mW blu-ray and a 190mW red. The blu-ray has the 803T diode being driven at 175mA. It has an AixiZ acrylic lens. The red has a "Senkat" diode being driven at 300mA. It has an AixiZ glass lens. This first set is being offered at $275, shipped in the US.

[highlight]**SET TWO IS SOLD**:[/highlight] This set consists of a 155mW blu-ray and a 190mW red. The blu-ray has the 803T diode being driven at 180mA. It has an AixiZ acrylic lens. The red has a "Senkat" diode being driven at 300mA. It has an AixiZ glass lens. This second set is being offered for $300, shipped in the US.

SET THREE IS SOLD This third set is for the really power hungry among you. It is built for the person who wants POWER and understands duty cycles. If you want to use your lasers as a flashlight, this is NOT for you. If you want to have awesome burning ability and know how to let your laser cool between burns, then this will satisfy your hunger. This set consists of a 170mW Blu-ray and a 250mW red! The blu-ray has the 803T diode being driven at 190mA. I have three others that have been running at this power and one that is working at 200mA (185mW). It has an AixiZ acrylic lens. The red has a long open can diode that was harvested from a Pioneer 115 being driven at 420mA. It has an Aixiz glass lens. This third set is being offered at $350, shipped in the US.

[highlight]**THE LONELY BLU-RAY: IS SOLD** [/highlight]I also have one single blu-ray laser made from the same host as the sets. The lonely blu-ray is a 140mW laser. It has the 803T diode being driven at 165mA. It has an AixiZ acrylic lens. I built this one for the more conservative among you. I have several running at this power out in the community already. I am offering this single blu-ray for $200, shipped in the US

Here they are . . . . .
set7.jpg

A close up
set1.jpg

The clicky end
set2.jpg

The laser end
set3.jpg

The matching parts
set5.jpg

The arbitrary beam shot
set4.jpg

I know. My hand shakes. I just bought a tripod. That should improve my beam shots.

There are the sets. For one price you get a burning red laser AND a burning blu-ray laser in a nice case.

Remember, I also have the "Lonely" blu-ray. I didn't take a separate picture of it. It looks like all the rest of them ;)

Peace,
dave

Re: FS:  Matched Sets Burning Blu AND Burning

Damn, these are some really sweet deals. Perfect for the starter :)

iewed

Re: FS:  Matched Sets Burning Blu AND Burning Red

Those look really nice, how'd you get the red beam so visible?

holy crap daves taking over ,once again Nice build there Dave ;)

daguin

iewed said:
Those look really nice, how'd you get the red beam so visible?

And you also made a small typo in Set Two, you said " The blu-ray has the 803T diode being driven at 180mW," but I'm assuming you mean 180mA, as opposed to 180mW.

"Smoke in a can" It is used to test smoke detectors. It gives a very temporary visibility to beams, but doesn't stink up the house or burn my eyes.

Thank you. I have replaced the errant "W" with an "A".

Peace,
dave

Very nice!! I hate being jealous....

daguin

Aaron636r said:
Very nice!! I hate being jealous....

There's no need to be jealous

You can buy these! :)

Peace,
dave

WTF? How come nobody's picked up on these yet?? Has everybody already got a burning bluray and red?

VillageIdiot said:
WTF? How come nobody's picked up on these yet?? Has everybody already got a burning bluray and red?
yes, don't you?

haha, im more worried about the money side of this equation instead... ;D
looks like im going to make a trip to my local atm soon; dave, do you accept money orders?

daguin

bobobob121 said:
haha, im more worried about the money side of this equation instead... ;D
looks like im going to make a trip to my local atm soon; dave, do you accept money orders?

PayPal, Google, Checks, Cashier's Checks, Money Orders, Cash, Nice Trades (Checks and Money Orders must "clear" before I ship).

I also consider reasonable offers or combinations of funding. Remember, this is a hobby. I'm pretty easy to deal with. ;)

Peace,
dave

alright thanks man, i just requested a card for my bank account that i forgot about (it has 1800 dollars in it at the moment). once i get it in the mail i will attach it with my paypal account. so until then...could you possibly save me a SET TWO? :D

daguin

bobobob121 said:
alright thanks man, i just requested a card for my bank account that i forgot about (it has 1800 dollars in it at the moment). once i get it in the mail i will attach it with my paypal account. so until then...could you possibly save me a SET TWO? :D

I'll place it on "reserve." Send me a PM so we can keep track of the process.

Peace,
dave

daguin

Spyderz20x6 said:
Is that this host?

No. The body/tube is the same, but mine have a more massive (and larger) head. The one you linked to is more like what Jayrob is using. When you drive them as hard and high as I do, you want a BIG heat sink. In these "matched set" lasers, the custom heat sink is almost an ounce of aluminum in direct contact with that massive head, that is metal to metal with the body. The whole laser becomes one massive heat sink. You have to dissipate heat from both the diode and the driver.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1215317897/0#13 date=1216085300]Is that this host?

No.  The body/tube is the same, but mine have a more massive (and larger) head.  The one you linked to is more like what Jayrob is using.  When you drive them as hard and high as I do, you want a BIG heat sink.  In these "matched set" lasers, the custom heat sink is almost an ounce of aluminum in direct contact with that massive head, that is metal to metal with the body.  The whole laser becomes one massive heat sink.  You have to dissipate heat from both the diode and the driver.

Peace,
dave[/quote]
Oh, ok. I thought it was because it said they were using thicker metal...