Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

From concept to reality - Phobos host (taking orders)

rhd

Canada, right?

RHD says that Canadian post can sometimes take an unholy amount of time to arrive. Some of my packages also took a month to show up.

Yep - I'm still waiting on my Phobos too. It's normal Cilegray.

I've got a decent handle on how long Eud's stuff takes to get from Croatia to Canada, and this is just par for that course.

CanadaPost is not speedy.

Yep - I'm still waiting on my Phobos too. It's normal Cilegray.

I've got a decent handle on how long Eud's stuff takes to get from Croatia to Canada, and this is just par for that course.

CanadaPost is not speedy.

Oh, I know it's normal... it's also normal to be checking my mailbox everyday with anticipation :)

sinner

Your host is exceptionally practical.. This just game me a brainstorm of ideas and inspiration to work on some nice hosts !!! :thanks:
Glad to see there are still non-flashlight fully custom hosts coming up, Not that they arnt readily available but scarce for sure..:)
Also i love the focus adaptor how it covers half of the head! :beer: +1
I have used quite a bit of metal past few weeks , i have made one new host! Hope you like it aswell!!
P.S: Phobos was a Genuis Computer Hacker come Microsoft's Security Incharge as far as i remember.. I'm not sure this has anything to do with that but is that the same guy Phobos ? :confused:

I was thinking of naming the 18650 version of the host "Deimos" just to stay in theme.

I really gotta wrap up the designs for that.

That sounds great. I was going to suggest that :D

Last edited:

sinner

O Well!! Nice Read and i should mention this name is genuinely awesome imho..
The Wiki Guys have done extensive photoshooting of the little moon but yours looks way better than that !! :beer: ;)
Keep Up the Good Work !!

@Tsteelle93: Looks real good , i like the work you did with one of my modules it came out very good, soon when i get the a little extra money to play with i would like to build one just like that with one of my modules as i really like the host it offers a lot of heat dissipation with a little bit of Artic silver thermal past where the module fits on the host and it should have no problems running 100 sec+, how long have you had your running for with one of my modules so far, and was it very warm after the long run? I also hope to do a 445nm build in one of them but hope i can get one that will fit a nice 18650 battery for the extra "juice"

@Eudaimonium As far as i can see these host are not available to hold the 18650 battery yet, are they? If not is there any way you can build them yet as i would like to order two of these but want to get one that i can use an 18650 in and the other for the 16340 and 18350 batteries. Please PM me if you can help me out, if not i may still order 1 or 2 of them that hold the 18350 and 16340 batteries.
Thanks in advance.

Yeah well, for 18650 version I was about to re-design a whole lot of things, not just simply extend the battery barrel, and instead of wrapping up the designs, I always end up doing something else :undecided: And it's sure not going out this week, tons of work for college, no time for 3D modelling.

Sorry man. I'll put up a thread when it's ready.

clif

Started my 12x build, and had it wrapped up and finished and my damn switch broke! :banghead:

No problem, I should get the ones I ordered 2 months ago in another 6 weeks or so, as they are marked "shipped" finally! :crackup:.

Anyway set a microboost to 550mA and with the G2 lens in it was doing 680mw. What I did as a shim in the focus adapter head was take a full length aixiz module tension spring to make a small standoff gap so that the G2 lens stuck out further, allowing the diode to be focused properly.

Last edited:
I would gladly settle for a longer tube so you could use two 16340's at least as a temporary option.

rhd

I would gladly settle for a longer tube so you could use two 16340's at least as a temporary option.

Unfortunately, a 2x 16340 host is basically just an 18650 host. I gather that Eud very specifically doesn't want to simply create a version with a longer tube:

Yeah well, for 18650 version I was about to re-design a whole lot of things, not just simply extend the battery barrel, and instead of wrapping up the designs, I always end up doing something else :undecided: And it's sure not going out this week, tons of work for college, no time for 3D modelling.

So, his host, his rules :)

I'm excited as heck to receive mine! Plus, at this stage, what can't you do with a single-16340? I suppose a high powered 445 is the only thing that's out of the question with this host. But apart from that, the world is still your oyster ;)

Heck, I've had to order some pretty exotic cells from AW like some 10180s and a few 14250s to try and squeeze a high powered blue in there.

Should have a pair of builds in these hosts in 2-3 weeks depending when the rest of the parts come in.

Unfortunately, a 2x 16340 host is basically just an 18650 host. I gather that Eud very specifically doesn't want to simply create a version with a longer tube:

So, his host, his rules :)

I'm excited as heck to receive mine! Plus, at this stage, what can't you do with a single-16340? I suppose a high powered 445 is the only thing that's out of the question with this host. But apart from that, the world is still your oyster ;)

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to tell him what to do. I'm just saying as a customer that I would be perfectly happy with the option to buy the host with a longer tube until he had time to finish his plans on the new version - which he admits is not on the immediate horizon.

Single 16340's don't last real long, and this would actually be a nice host for a med/high power 445 if you could power it more easily.

Of course it is his host, but as a buyer I would think that he might appreciate my input. Maybe this is just a "for fun" thing and he doesn't care if we like it or not, but if it is an actual income generator then I would think it could be helpful for him to hear what the customers would like to be able to do with it. :yh:

I already built mine as a 150mW green using nexbox360's green module and had to do a bit of reworking to get a CR123A in the endcap (read: hogged it out with a Dremel tool!).

As a side note, what do you guys do to protect soft aluminum. Mine is already pretty scratched up. Wondering if polishing would help? It would look nice polished.

Last edited: