Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Friends and strangers reactions to your lasers

It sucks in Australia because we can't use our lasers without thinking a cop is going to show up and arrest us (well, at least that's what i'm like). I just got home from a small holiday and we had a beach side apartment, i wanted to use my lasers so bad because i had all of them just sitting on the table waiting to be used, but i ended up just using an overspec red ebay pen that i could only see the beam if i held it eye level because i didn't want anyone else to see. I wanted to break out the greenie but i knew i shouldn't. Our laws are too strict sometimes... :(

39259565.jpg

Things

Yup, and fireworks are illegal cos some guy blew his hand off. That's how laws in Australia work :D

Laik

Is that really why they were banned? Lol idiot... "I am just going to hold this highly explosive fire cracker in my hand and see what happens"

I am new to lasers so I only have a low powered green pointer, but it is still bright. If I show it to someone older than me they say," Oh wow, that's bright... Don't shine it at an airplane." (I think to myself, "I know not to do THAT.") If it is someone younger than me they say, "That's bright, how much did it cost? Can I hold it? Where can I get one?" I usually don't let them hold it unless I really trust them.

Yup, and fireworks are illegal cos some guy blew his hand off. That's how laws in Australia work :D

Australia, law makers just sound like fat lazy morons who think blanket laws or bans will solve everything,,, basically if i come to Australia, knock over a big tv onto my self, shove a knife up my ass, then run myself over with a truck, their solution is to say well, pickups, sharp knives and TVs over 50 lbs are now banned,,,

because certainly this one idiot must represent the entire population of the country so lets punish everyone

Australia, law makers just sound like fat lazy morons who think blanket laws or bans will solve everything,,, basically if i come to Australia, knock over a big tv onto my self, shove a knife up my ass, then run myself over with a truck, their solution is to say well, pickups, sharp knives and TVs over 50 lbs are now banned,,,

because certainly this one idiot must represent the entire population of the country so lets punish everyone
lol that made me crackup :crackup:

Firelaser said:
so what reactions do you get to showing your lasers to people for the first time ?

A friend of my couple of blocks away... (on the chat true mobile device)
I turn it on ''I smile''

His reaction on the Phone ''OMG turn it OFF, it can be seen miles away!''

I laugh more :D

Last edited:
A friend of my couple of blocks away... (on the chat true mobile device)
I turn it on ''I smile''

His reaction on the Phone ''OMG turn it OFF, it can be seen miles away!''

I laugh more :D

i had the same thing happen, was on the phone with a friend, and i asked hey were are you ? he said by the gym, 1/2 mile from my dorm,,, i say look up..

OMG holy crap,,, thats crazy lol