Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FREE DIY open source BOOST driver!!! Tested & working!!

benmwv

The mosfet disconnects the circuit if the battery is inserted the wrong way.

Unfortunately switch current is not equal to output current. The switch current is the input current. The lm3410 has an average of 2.8 max switch, a lot of times it is higher but it can be lower too. With 2.8A max input, 3.7v supply, and assuming 80% efficiency we have 2.8 * 3.7 = 10.36W input, and 10.36 * 0.8 = 8.29W max output. An m140 has a Vf of 4.5v, so our theoretical max into an m140 is 8.29 / 4.5 = 1.84A. The max current changes with heat though. Cold the efficiency can be a lot better than 80%, and a lot worse hot. Heat increases resistances, which drops more voltage, and makes more heat. Also heat increases your set resistors making the regulated current go down.

So that's why the mini design was so focused on being effectively heatsinked, and why it ended up being so much more capable than the original. I feel like they should all do 1.6A with good heatsinking.

just go to oshpark and upload the .brd file, follow the instructions and place the order.

Oh, duh! I have always used Gerber CAM Zips. EDITED I have been told that I am really good at soldering SMD and just soldering in general, so is anyone "mass producing" these? If not, I would be willing to, provided that I can get a sure client base.

Thank you!

Last edited:

tony1

My advice is keep the cost down Osmosis. Ben Is right . Don't ever try tin can and propane.
If your skillet is well trusted, use it don't spend 1 K for the plastic welder. You have to watch out for the cooling curve that has been discussed.
Mass production , well leave it to the professionals. The have invested a lot of cash on their equipments, which is out of range for us. But if you want to go the professional way be prepared to spend.

Hi could you please tell me from which device I can salvage the lm3410
IC cause i can't order it online and it's not found in my country

Hi could you please tell me from which device I can salvage the lm3410
IC cause i can't order it online and it's not found in my country

pfft good luck with that!

Tell you what, I'm planning to order some parts fairly soon. I could order a few extras for you if you send me your address plus my costs. PM me if interested.

Sure give me one second, ill just pull up every customer that has ordered one from digikey or mouser, find out which ones manufacture products for sale to the public, buy every product they make and 1 by 1 disassemble them until I find a lm3410.

benmwv

LOL.

You can find some useful stuff for drivers in random things though. Back when I was a noob i found an sot89 lm1117 in a broken DVD player and used it to make my first driver for a DVD burner diode.

Sure give me one second, ill just pull up every customer that has ordered one from digikey or mouser, find out which ones manufacture products for sale to the public, buy every product they make and 1 by 1 disassemble them until I find a lm3410.

:D don't forget to use a tin can and propane torch.

pfft good luck with that!

Tell you what, I'm planning to order some parts fairly soon. I could order a few extras for you if you send me your address plus my costs. PM me if interested.

I live in Iraq so the shipping would be too much...I found an op-amp in an old pc motherboard and found lots of lm1117 and made drivers with them but I don't like the power loss and the pot is getting burning hot when I use it don't know why I'm not good with electronics

.I found an op-amp in an old pc motherboard and found lots of lm1117 and made drivers with them but I don't like the power loss and the pot is getting burning hot when I use it don't know why I'm not good with electronics

P=IV. You must be pushing lots of current through the pot. A trimpot isn't designed for carrying a large load, it's for small signals. If you need to control current like that, use a transistor or MOSFET amplifier.

tony1

Osmosis.

The reason behind tin can and propane is you have no way of knowing and controlling the temperature.