Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FREE DIY open source BOOST driver!!! Tested & working!!

Blord

Probably you reflow that big inductor first, let it cool down and roll over the board for the other side. If the board is resting on the inductor it can't fall off.

I'm not reflowing this but IIRC you also want to do the big one first because it 'should' take longer to reflow and you don't want to leave the other things in there longer than they need to be.

wheedy

I honestly don't know, you can try replacing the caps too. It could be the laser diode?
I mean, it is worth a shot, I might as well...

What was the different between the two different shottkys you sent me? One of the pair ended up getting lost either in my driveway or my mom's car. (Home from college for the summer, mom opened up my mail for some unknown reason and lost all the parts, I was outside and found one pair of shottkys and the caps. AGH.)

It's not a problem with the diode, the diode is just fine. I've been running it on a spare 1.1A driver since the drivers died.

I mean, it is worth a shot, I might as well...

What was the different between the two different shottkys you sent me? One of the pair ended up getting lost either in my driveway or my mom's car. (Home from college for the summer, mom opened up my mail for some unknown reason and lost all the parts, I was outside and found one pair of shottkys and the caps. AGH.)

It's not a problem with the diode, the diode is just fine. I've been running it on a spare 1.1A driver since the drivers died.

One set just had a higher current/voltage rating than the other. I'll have to start taping the parts to the card to make sure moms can't lose them. :D

Last edited:
Wow. It turned out better then I thought. When I put the paste on I thought I did a sloppy job, but when I took it out of the oven it looked great. For some reason though I am only getting 700mA out on a fully charged battery, when I should be getting 1250mA. I used two R30 resistors.

Ben told me the schematic file was in the OP. But I couldn't find it.

Here is a picture to the board I just made. Little blurry.
20120521_201420.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my last one I did. Thaught I would just do one rather than try to do three. This one turned out fine @ 450ma. I just found a smaller applicator for the paste.

6921-img-3893.jpg

I just wanted to have one less thing that could go wrong. I guess there a little harder to make but gives me peace of mind.

Also Ben I am looking into getting my little laser engraver working to make kapton stensils for these. I have stencils on order but I am also going to try to make my own if it works I would gladly send you one.