Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

FREE DIY open source BOOST driver!!! Tested & working!!

Well, it seems the relay I bought was the wrong one... It doesn't do anything that I can see. The oven works like normal. :(

you have your oven heating elements run through the relay? then the pid should controle it.

I havent even installed the pid and I can reflow without it.

Last edited:
The solid state relay I have is actually not a relay at all I believe, in fact, I have no clue what it does. I wired it up like it should be wired, and as long as there is something connected to the to inputs, the oven works, even if it is at 0v. Weird. Just ordered the right SSR. Lets try this again...

Hey guys, I realized I forgot to mention there is an inductor that fits the round board better. Digikey part number SDR0805-100MLCT-ND

It's a bit taller but it's round and not as wide ;)

It looks cooler too! :D

If I was working up a round board from scratch, with bigger diameter, would there be any better inductor out there as far as specs? Or is the 10uH pretty much what is needed? I saw some discussion with Wolfman about you guys not having any luck with a 6.7uH (I think) so does that mean a >10uH would be even better if it would fit?

Tsteele, you did type the command RATSNEST right? If you did im not sure what the air wire is about. Might have something to do with the way the battery contact side is made. I'll check it out, but it shouldn't cause any trouble.

No, I didn't realize that I needed to do it - I was thinking that since it was finished that it was already done. I know NOTHING about Eagle that I haven't learned in the last two days. I'm very much a noob. I saw references to the ratsnest, but didn't realize I needed to do it.

Thanks.

I have another question too - I was going to try and do a round version with OVP by taking the rectangular version and modding it, but I can't see that there is an actual schematic file anywhere to build the round version from. Do I just need to build it from scratch and input the parts manually?

I'm finding Eagle interesting, but I'm still having to learn a lot fast...

Thanks again!!

Last edited:
Ewww I botched all three new boards I did! :undecided: I tried to do the r6r11 OVP boards FUGGIN MO Couldnt do these!!! (yeah he probably could) this experience is showing me I need a parts picker placer and a programmer... lmao! some of the components in the OVP boards are alot tinyer I need a better magnifyer and better tweesers...
6904-blooper.jpg

Ooops... Hrm that's not right!!

Nore is this...
6903-img-3878.jpg

Ooops...

I think the center one might work if I remove a bit of solder from the Mosfet

Last edited:
"Ripoff" never came out of my mouth. I just think its a bit high. What went wrong with those?

Do you have bigger pictures? Lil hard to see. Just link them instead of post huge ones.

Last edited:
just puting on the paste went bad and I cant see.. then to one on the right I guess had more surface tention with the Cap pad so it alligned there and shoved the cap outa the way.. I wish I could make a paste template...

These r6 r11 ovp boards are alot harder to do than the rounds.

Last edited:
Say is there a way to print just the pads from the eagle file? I have a friend who has a cutting printer and was thinking I could just have him print a copy on some plastic for me that I could use as a template. But no matter what I have tried to do with eagle I cant seem to figure out how to just print the pads... lol

Figured it out.

Last edited:

wheedy

Hey Wheedy,

I apologize for taking so long. I've been busy but I got upstairs to the workshop today and put your Schottky diodes (and some capacitors, just in case) in an envelope. They will go out tomorrow. :yh:

I got em Friday (?).
I replaced the D1 parts, the shottkys. It lases, but it's still super dim like before... Should I try replacing the 3 capacitors(C1, C2, C3) on each board? Or am I SOL and just need to get two new drivers all together?

I got em Friday (?).
I replaced the D1 parts, the shottkys. It lases, but it's still super dim like before... Should I try replacing the 3 capacitors(C1, C2, C3) on each board? Or am I SOL and just need to get two new drivers all together?

It may be that when you shorted it out, you may have fried the LM3410.

Might have to get new ones.. :(

benmwv

Say is there a way to print just the pads from the eagle file? I have a friend who has a cutting printer and was thinking I could just have him print a copy on some plastic for me that I could use as a template. But no matter what I have tried to do with eagle I cant seem to figure out how to just print the pads... lol

Figured it out.

If it turns out good could you make me one?

And on your ovp boards, the middle one looks like it should work fine. The pads you shorted on the MOSFET are connected together anyways.