Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

FREE DIY open source BOOST driver!!! Tested & working!!

FUG! Ya wana see that little 0603!! yikes that could be a bugger for blind men like me.. I'm gona build that parts picker... Just for the record the rounds would be 17$ the rectangles with all the protection would be about the same... I dont get to see myself going for a coffee making these for people.. it would be goto work come home to work.. Unless your making a living off of what you love it's not worth it.

6901-top.jpg

Looking sexy man. The anxiety for my parts is killing me. Any tips? What parts would it be possible for me to screw up and put on backwards?

the diode and the 6 pin IC. I started at the center and worked out and arround. placing the paste was hard for me. I had to do it with 2 hands (well more like a thumb and a finger... I need a looking glass.. The reflow took longer because my oven temp only goes to 240. so without the relay controler PID and thermocouple I just did the best I could with what I have... I dont think my solder paste is meant for this. I can see how doing 100 of these would be easier than doing a couple there are alot of parts that are easy to set.. but when you are pasting these by had each pad each driver that's a bit much on the labour. I need to make stensils

TSTEEL even with my fine point I probably couldnt have done that!! :Tribune: I totally didnt think it would work but I waited and waited and sure enough the solder flowed.

Last edited:
Kent,

did you see my pms :thinking: or if some reason they are not delivered .....

I came home today sad because my IC's hadnt arrived yet from newark Then after playin with the pt blue led for a bit the wife came home with the UPS...

Glad I got to do this...

I give all my credit to the Wolfman! I do believe he forked the round ones...

Anyway's peaceout... Bed!

Kiz

How hard was it to order from Dorkbot? I want to get some as well. Do you just send him the brd file? I was confused about pricing and 2 layer/4 layer etc... It kept looking like I was going to be paying $3 a board so I was doing something wrong.

Also, I get a message in Eagle saying there is an air wire, not sure what that is or if it matters. This is all new to me.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: This is what has me confused...

Dorkbot said:
If you can just send an Eagle brd, and you're fine with the default of having just the Name, Place and _tsilk/_bsilk layers on the silkscreen, then do that.

Does that mean I lose the LD+ and D1, etc... stuff on the board if I don't send gerbers?

Last edited:
it was easy and it really didnt take long for my order though others have said it takes a long time.. they beat DX by a couple months.. DX just sent me out the last of the batteries I ordered. Even told them to keep them lmao.. I dont think I lost any lettering from the files I sent.

it was easy and it really didnt take long for my order though others have said it takes a long time.. they beat DX by a couple months.. DX just sent me out the last of the batteries I ordered. Even told them to keep them lmao.. I dont think I lost any lettering from the files I sent.

So did you just e-mail the round .brd files to them and tell them how many you wanted? How much did it come to for each board?

I'm assuming they are cheaper than the commercial services?

let me see yes I just sent them the eagle files then asked them how many of each of these to fill up the board your working on. Laen replyed with 27 of each it was 32$ with shipping to canada so about 50c each. Think the round ones were more but the average was 50c with shipping.

let me see yes I just sent them the eagle files then asked them how many of each of these to fill up the board your working on. Laen replyed with 27 of each it was 32$ with shipping to canada so about 50c each. Think the round ones were more but the average was 50c with shipping.

Thank you, that is what I needed to know. :thanks:

Back