Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

fr00b at Laser Pointer Forums..

Um, hey guys I a new member of this community, and became very interested in home brew lasers by looking at them and searching for lasers on YouTube.. I came across this a YouTube video, gave me the heads up on this community so I thought I'd join.. :), but unfortunately, I don't have any prior knowledge of lasers at all, so I was wondering if I could learn how to actually make very powerful ones.. Right now I have a few things I can experiment with.. CD Players and a Basic DVD Player.. I was wondering if someone could explain to me exactly how much it will cost, what I need, and maybe teach me the basics like, diodes and drivers? Which honestly, I have no clue what any of that is so.. Lol also, I know the safety hazards so you won't have to tell me about those.. :p, so if I can get some help it would be nice thanks..

Things

Welcome to the forum ;). Have a search around in the Help, tutorials or whatever it is section, i think some info is being compliled in there.

Welcome! First pointer: Player drives will do you no good. You need a DVD burner (CD burners are lower power, and infrared aka invisible). :)