Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For Sale: Osram PLPM4L 450B - 60W+ 450nm Diode Arrays

I picked up a few of these little guys if anyone is interested. They can be pushed upwards of 80 watts. They're $175/ea +shipping. Not for beginners!

I accept PayPal, Venmo, Cashapp and Crypto. Please let me know if you have any questions.

f.png

Last edited:

FAP

I have almost pulled the trigger to buy one of those a couple of times now, just wish they made them for a longer wavelength. In the last few months I saw a post and photos a member here put up for one, quite an interesting device. Outputs were more parallel than I expected. I wonder if Redcowboy has been working with one yet.... Right up his alley.

Photon Master

Sorry if this is off topic but how cool would it be if you could build a LEP flashlight powered by one of these bad boys? I have two Acebeam’s and I think the lasers in them are 7 watts or less

Encap

Wow… although I know they have white lasers coming too. Not sure how exactly they work - still on the development / lab stage
They don't have white laser coming--is a physical impossibility against the laws of physics.
There is no wavelength of laser light that is called "white", so...

Last edited:

Photon Master

Encap

Think again those chips just produce Red,Green and Blue which give/create the illusion of "white" when mixed but if you run it through a prism, out the other side comes RGB which is what it really is.
See: https://phys.org/news/2015-07-world-white-lasers.html
Natural "white" light is a combination of many millions of wavelengths of light. By definition, a laser emits light at only a single wavelength, and so a laser cannot create pure white light.

PS
Wavelength is not color and color is not wavelength. Wavelengths have no "color".
Light is frequency/wavelength. Color is a function of the human visual system, and is not an intrinsic property. Objects don't "have" color, they reflect light that "appears" to be a color. Spectral power distributions of wavelengths exist in the physical world, but color exists only in the mind of the beholder. There is no physical significance in color names. .
A given wavelength of visible light has the same frequency regardless of any observer or lack of an observer viewing it.
Wavelength is a physical property in the physical world---"color" is not, it is the brains interpretation of wavelengths sensed by the human visual system.

Go on ebay and search RGB white laser---there are several ---you can buy a low cost low power version for $50-$75 --buy one and see for yourself what is what. is very interesting.

Last edited:

Photon Master

I know the ones you are referring to - just a red, white, and green beam overlapping to appear white.

but white lasers are different. It a coherent beam of photons of different wavelengths, evenly distributed between a minimum and maximum value.

Not for sale on eBay :)

atom lasers might interest you too. Coherent matter waves using Bose Einstein Condensate: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_laser