Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For sale laser Host !

ok i have this host and i got the head stuck and used my hands to tighten it and i cant take it off maybe some member can use it just add a new head it includes a push button led blue and wires wired and spring installed ready to go will include front focusing adapter see images its very nice host love it i will sell it for $80

Attachments

• IMG_8731.JPG
    IMG_8731.JPG
    488.3 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_8732.JPG
    IMG_8732.JPG
    481.4 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_8733.JPG
    IMG_8733.JPG
    437.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6169.JPG
    IMG_6169.JPG
    524.5 KB · Views: 185

i got the head stuck or what ever its called hehehe and cant get it off it includes focusing adapter not in picture best offer will accept
will clean tomorrow and shine it out no scratches on host its just the light reflection :)

Last edited:
Hi,
In the second picture what is all the stuff around the 12mm module hole in the front ?? Need better pics..

Rich:)

Hi,
In the second picture what is all the stuff around the 12mm module hole in the front ?? Need better pics..

Rich:)

ohh its aluminum or what ever its made of i was trying to get it off
minimum damage hehehehe :crackup:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
The head is definitely aluminum on that host.
It looks like the face and the12mm bore may be damaged a bit; if you can get the head off, one fix would be to bore the module hole larger, and press in an aluminum sleeve, or for a even cooler look, you could use copper for a two tone look.

I have a similar Ehgemus host, and the head on it is permanently attached, and not meant to be removed. Does your host have a set screw hole through the head, so that you see it from the outside?
51104d1461042259-sale-laser-host-img_8732.jpg

OVNI

I'm interested too but have some questions which a better closeup of the pic Bowtie showed could clear up. The hole in the piece that is stuck, is it threaded and if so are the threads damaged in any way?

EDIT: BTW - That residue on top looks like it could be JB Weld. Eghemus was using that.

Last edited:
the head is design to be taken off the laser is made for a 6W diode and driver heat sink is included i was trying to get it on and i accidentally screw it on to fast and its stuck its moving a back and for and gets stuck i will take good pics today :)

Last edited:
Sorry for kind of necro posting here... But is this still for sale? I'd love to have it:D

To weigh in, if it really is stuck there's some good ways solve stuck threads. The most important issue is getting a firm grip on the part(s) so that all the force you apply goes into it, for this I'll usually use a rubber glove or something like that. If you're strong enough you can squeeze and turn with all your strength but if it's really stuck on there you can always use a pipe wrench, pliers, vice grips, etc. really anything that can grip hard on it.

If it is JB welded on then you could try going full force to just rip out the adhesive but if there's a good amount it might not be worth it.

To weigh in, if it really is stuck there's some good ways solve stuck threads. The most important issue is getting a firm grip on the part(s) so that all the force you apply goes into it, for this I'll usually use a rubber glove or something like that. If you're strong enough you can squeeze and turn with all your strength but if it's really stuck on there you can always use a pipe wrench, pliers, vice grips, etc. really anything that can grip hard on it.

If it is JB welded on then you could try going full force to just rip out the adhesive but if there's a good amount it might not be worth it.

Thanks for the info:D

I am pretty strong if I do say so myself :crackup::cool: If he still has this host, hopefully I can pry it off.

Hey there Alien:) just bumping to see if you had seen my question.

You can try wrapping a leather belt around the head and placing it in a vice. Then wrapping a leather belt around the host body and use a pipe wrench to turn the host body. Please do this at your own discretion, as it is only a suggetion.

You can try wrapping a leather belt around the head and placing it in a vice. Then wrapping a leather belt around the host body and use a pipe wrench to turn the host body. Please do this at your own discretion, as it is only a suggetion.

That's close to what I wanted to try. I have a decent amount of spare leather laying around and I was gonna wrap it up good and try prying it off:D

I don't think alien still has it though because he hasn't responded to my pms or this post yet:(