Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For Earth Day - A Green Mess

As a tribute to Mother Earth - here is a Green Mess :)
Started with the 505, a 532, and (I think) a 515...could be 510 or 520 - I got some mixed up :wtf:

HAD to add the 490 - since there is so much green/blue talk going on regarding it...and it's awesome/new :beer:

The sources by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

From the North by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

Bird's-eye by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

From the South by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

Tried to get one from below.... by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

Radim

What awesome shots. I appreciate you have dedicated them to our Green-blue planet.

Benm

The 'earth day' thing hardly exists here anymore. A few years ago quite some companies and such would turn off their lights for an hour, which was a perfect moment for me to turn on a laser beam just grazing the horizon during that hour... as a tribute to human achievement.

I even lit up the blue logo on a building a few hundred meters away when they turned it off - just to put some irony into the situation. And yes, this was respecting MP3 limits though i very much doubt any person could be near that sign as the building is abandoned at night and the sign is on the exterior of a facade that doesn't have windows near it.

Only downside is that lighting it up using blue lasers is tricky because their very bad beam pattern at a large distance, even with a prism pair to correct this a bit the "dot" was very hard to focus.

This is perfectly safe from here, i'm on the 15th floor and that sign is on the 20th floor or so with a direct line of sight, so no chance of anyone getting in the path of the beam. And yeah, the neighbors noticed the beam and could have a laugh about it :D