Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focusable 200mw Blue 445nm Laser

@AMN: Good to hear. Keep up the good work! :D (tbh, you're probably more experienced than me... haha)

Antoniio: No. Just no. Normally, i wouldn't care about some stranger on the internet. He can blow his face off with thermite or nail his fingers to the back of a truck or attempt to obtain finely ground carbon powder with his fist for all i care, but we're laser hobbyists and as a community we must avoid stupid behaviour being performed with lasers.

Why? Because people underestimate the power of the laser. It's not a gun, it doesn't shoot a projectile, so people think "mehh... what can light do?" and so they may abuse it. Therefore we need to prevent the inexperienced getting ahold of devices where a "mehh... what can light do?" attitude would potentially hurt people.

Edit: 405th post!! I flouresce things!! :D

Last edited:

@AMN: Good to hear. Keep up the good work! :D (tbh, you're probably more experienced than me... haha)

Antoniio: No. Just no. Normally, i wouldn't care about some stranger on the internet. He can blow his face off with thermite or nail his fingers to the back of a truck or attempt to obtain finely ground carbon powder with his fist for all i care, but we're laser hobbyists and as a community we must avoid stupid behaviour being performed with lasers.

Why? Because people underestimate the power of the laser. It's not a gun, it doesn't shoot a projectile, so people think "mehh... what can light do?" and so they may abuse it. Therefore we need to prevent the inexperienced getting ahold of devices where a "mehh... what can light do?" attitude would potentially hurt people.

Yes man, I agree with you completely. But I think AMN knows, even a little,
the danger he can suffer. And I think this has been understood since beginning.

@Antoniio: Alright, fair enough. But we can't make that assumption. Also, you made it sound like we shouldn't care what he does with it, which (be it for him or for the protection of our right to laser-use) we should be concerned over.