Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flood out :eek:

Hi Jeff, that is highest I seen the water in the lake. Did it flood like that in 96?

I looked as some pictures from my step sons farm in Albany, he is also flooded out. He was saying that it isn't as bad as when they got flooded out in 96. As for your well water I would say that there is water running down someones well into the aquifer and your well is contaminated and probably not a lot you can do about it until the flooding stops. Hopefully there is not sewage running down it, you might want to get your water tested to make sure. You could always put an in-line filter and that might take some of that out.

From the picture on the seatainer it doesn't look too bad, hopefully it still seals.

Good luck!

Jeff

Unfortunately one of the doors has a bad seal so if the water was high enough it got in :cryyy:

If it's not raining hard tomorrow I will go check it.

Poo Poo water :eek: I didn't think about that OMG it's testing time...

Hi Jeff, that is highest I seen the water in the lake. Did it flood like that in 96?

I looked as some pictures from my step sons farm in Albany, he is also flooded out. He was saying that it isn't as bad as when they got flooded out in 96. As for your well water I would say that there is water running down someones well into the aquifer and your well is contaminated and probably not a lot you can do about it until the flooding stops. Hopefully there is not sewage running down it, you might want to get your water tested to make sure. You could always put an in-line filter and that might take some of that out.

From the picture on the seatainer it doesn't look too bad, hopefully it still seals.

Good luck!

Jeff

Living in Florida (almost zero sea level) I understand your situation.

Having cold weather, AND flood is different beast of nature.

We cannot fight against it. That's the only truth.

I live 1 canal off the Caloosahatchee River in SW Florida and have lost count how many times water has come over my seawall:eek:

The house my wife and I built in 06, we paid mega bucks for an additional 2 feet of elevation and I have never had water in my house (thank God). My first house on the water in Florida flooded during our first tropical storm experience and I had brackish water 2" everywhere in my house.

Jeff, I hope you and all your stuff is OK! Floods are the worst because there really isn't anything you can do other than move away!

Praying everything works out for you:can:

Wow man really sorry to hear about this. Hopefully your stuff will be alright in the container. Good luck with everything man. Hope everything works out for you.

Ablaze

Wow, I'm just a couple of hours away and I haven't had any problems apart from my firewood getting wet. Sorry about your stuff. Looks like the mosquitos will be extra bad this summer during OCF.

That's what happens when Jeff goes out playing with his pyrotechnics in the snow....

On the serious side Jeff, I hope you are on the high and dry. Hopes and prayers go with ya, buddy!

Drew

That's crazy. Except for all the extra water, it looks like a beautiful place to live. Hoping everything ends up as best as possible for you Jeff! I'd leave the well water alone untill it clears up for sure.

It's a most beautiful place to live with lots to do outside :)

A million miles of trails to explore and some of the nicest people you'll ever find :wave:

I been using bottled water for drinking and cooking but the well water is starting to look better.

The extra water is only a problem that lasts a few weeks.

That's crazy. Except for all the extra water, it looks like a beautiful place to live. Hoping everything ends up as best as possible for you Jeff! I'd leave the well water alone untill it clears up for sure.

Last edited:
Wow FP... absolutely crazy. I hope you and everyone around there is ok, and life will go back to normal for you quickly.

CDHDC

Wowza! I hope all turns out well for you and yours. I'd still love to stop in next time we're that way:) I may bring my own water. LOL! And I was complaining of my soupy lawn and overflowing gutters...;)

Your always welcome to stop in any time :beer:

Maybe I'll have all 3 quads running and I can show you around the forest :)

and where they film some of the Ax Man shows :D

Wowza! I hope all turns out well for you and yours. I'd still love to stop in next time we're that way:) I may bring my own water. LOL! And I was complaining of my soupy lawn and overflowing gutters...;)

It's a most beautiful place to live with lots to do outside :)

A million miles of trails to explore and some of the nicest people you'll ever find :wave:

I been using bottled water for drinking and cooking but the well water is starting to look better.

The extra water is only a problem that lasts a few weeks.
I have to agree with you on a beautiful place to live. I miss it up there and I am trying to find a job in the Bend or Eugene area, maybe Albany so we can be closer to the kids. I don't want to go back to PDX to damn many people.

We will probably be back in your area again this year, might even bring the quads.

I know you'll get thru it Jeff! That was probably a really close call though. Mother Natures wrath once again. Everything happens in cycles, so this should eventually pass. In ancient times everyone drank wine and beer, because the water would kill you. :beer: