Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flaminpyro 'triple trit' blue custom focusing ring

Greetings folks..... this is just a quick pic review here covering one of Flaminpryro's custom focusing tips/rings that he makes for just about any handheld laser. I found out about these a few weeks after receiving a few jayrob kits I'd ordered, then found pryo's thread of customs right here and couldn't pass adding a 'finishing touch' to one of my handhelds.

Here's the deal
There's nothing too specific to cover here other than telling you that pryo will work with whatever dimensions you require or ask for. I'm sure he has limits within reason but it's helpful that he is flexible because I asked him to add length to one of his customs making it look even cooler & he happily obliged.

The build
There's nothing to build, it's a designer focus ring... Just screw it on.

Duty cycles
As you'll see in the pictures below, there's 3 glowing lines in this tip that are always on & glow forever. I don't know what or how pryo has 'plasmacised' 445nm wavelength light into optical goo, but he's managed to do this and then inject it into this focusring giving it eternal life. You don't need to hold this up to a light for any charging, it just glows. Because of this and despite focus rings having any known duty cycles at all, the illumination on this one is ~∞.

THANK YOU FLAMINPYRO for making such an awesome finishing touch to my laser!!!!

Pics
DSC05304.jpg

DSC05307.jpg

DSC05324.jpg

DSC05428.jpg

DSC05431.jpg

DSC05440.jpg

DSC05448.jpg

DSC05449.jpg

IsaacT

Gah I really really really want one of these sexy focus adapters with the Triple Tritium inlays....FP if you see this thread, is it possible for you to make one for the ehgemus 5 Groove host?

Gah I really really really want one of these sexy focus adapters with the Triple Tritium inlays....

Yes you do..... I've been showing off this thing off a lot lately (Im a total laser geek, always have a HPL on me) and everyone who's seen it has been impressed with how badass it looks... especially the ladies! Normally I'd be talking about something else with that previous statement (ha!) but in this case pryro's impressive glowing focusring/tip takes the award!!

Tritium... I just googled it, I had no idea. I guess we do learn something new everyday :)

Last edited:
Dude your camera really hates blue lasers because it makes them look, well... retarded :D

Photoshop at it's best, would say one who does not understand.

Epic focus ring. How much did it cost?

I think I killed my camera awhile ago by taking low light pictures of my 1W 445s when doing this review... I don't know why else it would look retarded but I'm no camera/photography expert. I'm using a Sony 8mp point & shoot with no photoshopping or effects, just a few low-light pics to get more of the glowing trits. Maybe I'll get lucky & get a new camera soon :)

I paid around $80 (shipping included) for this however I understand it's one of pyro's most expensive customs

Last edited:
Ouch, $80 for focus ring alone ... :undecided: wow!

I mean, it's one thing to personalise, add finishing touch to your laser... but $80?

I know it's a lot of work and everything ... but still!

Man :D You've got a lot of money to spend on lasers, tell you what. :)

I am pretty sure the Tritium ain't cheap. But it is very nice. Also, the tritium will only last about 25 years, slowly dimming into plain old Helium 3.

I mean, it's one thing to personalise, add finishing touch to your laser... but $80?

yup... $80 doesn't put me out of the bank for something like this. Lasers are as important to me as some people's cars are to them. I plan on buying another one of pryo's custom focus rings up the road for one wicked powerful greenie in my near future :evil:

I am pretty sure the Tritium ain't cheap. But it is very nice. Also, the tritium will only last about 25 years, slowly dimming into plain old Helium 3.

Well I was hoping it'd last forever, but 25 years... that's the life of a dog & 2 goldfish. Not bad. I hope I can still see in 25 years.

Last edited:
Yeah, the half-life is about 12.32 years.
Yeah but decay curve is not linear, so it won't die after exact double the time of half-life.

It'll last much more than 25 years, though it'll faint, no doupts there I think.

IsaacT

Ya, it is like that thing where you keep takin away half, it'll never be COMPLETELY gone, but eventually there will be so little it won't matter....IIRC(<-thats my disclaimer for if I'm wrong)

CDHDC

Very nice! I've got one of his hydra focus rings. I like it very much, but I think I may take a look at this one on my next build!

Yeah but decay curve is not linear, so it won't die after exact double the time of half-life.

It'll last much more than 25 years, though it'll faint, no doupts there I think.

Well of course, I know what a decay Curve is :) I mean after about 25 years, it will be quite a bit dimmer.

Reference this Here